Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-02-2020, 10:48 PM   #1
Voksuuhm
Voksuuhm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
KOReader save annotated PDF back to Dropbox?

Okay so I know it's possible with KOReader to download PDFs from Dropbox, or even sync a Dropbox folder TO a local folder. But once a PDF has highlights/annotations added in-file — i.e. the PDF has been modified, and saved locally — is it possible to get that PDF back to Dropbox?

I know that if I was on a full Android device, I could install one of many apps from the Play Store to sync the specific local folder back to Dropbox, but in this case I'd be on a Kobo device where KOReader is all I've got.

Thanks!
Voksuuhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:42 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I don't think *any* of the cloud storage plugins support upload, but as I don't use any of 'em, I may be mistaken.

That said, my usual answer to these sort of queries is: use rclone and a custom shell script. Both the filemanager and the favorite screen allow you to *run* shell scripts from the comfort of your couch ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #3
Voksuuhm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I don't think *any* of the cloud storage plugins support upload, but as I don't use any of 'em, I may be mistaken.

That said, my usual answer to these sort of queries is: use rclone and a custom shell script. Both the filemanager and the favorite screen allow you to *run* shell scripts from the comfort of your couch ;p.
Do you know if there's a way to get Syncthing installed on Kobo/Koreader?
Old 07-02-2020, 12:01 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never used it. rclone works just fine, though.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:07 PM   #5
Voksuuhm

Seems to (have been) possible on kindle: https://github.com/gutenye/syncthing-kindle

The above seems to be as simple as getting the syncthing linux arm64 binary onto the device, then just running it basically. Could I achieve the same thing with Kobo/Koreader?
Advert
Old 07-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Yes, it's pretty simple.

You would first have to download the ARM version from https://syncthing.net/downloads/

Then you run syncthing.

You can then either adjust the config to temporarily allow outside connections (by default on port 8384), but easier is to do it through an SSH tunnel. With the SSH server in KOReader:

Code:
ssh -L 9191:localhost:8384 root@192.168.1.213 -p 2222
(192.168.1.213 is the IP of my H2O)

Then you can configure Syncthing on http://localhost:9191/ (or whichever port you put in the tunnel).

You could write a simple shellscript to start and stop Syncthing from the KOReader file browser if desired.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:26 PM   #7
Voksuuhm

Thanks so much!

I've got syncthing working, and I've got a script prepped for starting/stopping. All through SSH so far.
1) How do I run the start script from koreader? Can I make it a menu option or something?
2) Is there a way to have this script run on boot/start? Will it just keep running in the background (with my ssh trials, it does seem to keep running between sleeps, although I have to re-enable wifi on wake) generally?
Old 07-03-2020, 12:38 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Voksuuhm:

1/ It's in the long-press menu (both in the FM & favorites list). But, given 2/, fair warning: it's *blocking*, so you might want to fix things up manually first so that it backgrounds properly or something. If you need fancy visual feedback, you might be able to cobble something together via fbink (e.g., what happens w/ zsync2 during an OTA). Not familiar w/ syncthing, though, so eh, maybe easier said than done .

2/ Nope. That was deemed (mainly by me and myself ;p) a fairly gnarly idea for these platforms when that was implemented on Android.

If you *really* need it, my answer from that issue was essentially: wrap KOReader's startup script in your own custom script.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:38 PM   #9
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Sorry for the Necro, does anyone have a backgrounding script that they made for themself? Please don't go out of your way, in a few days I will have time to attempt it anyway

Edit: Thread has 30k views, clearly there is demand

Last edited by Scaledish; 08-21-2021 at 09:31 PM.
Scaledish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 03:17 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledish View Post
Sorry for the Necro, does anyone have a backgrounding script that they made for themself? Please don't go out of your way, in a few days I will have time to attempt it anyway

Edit: Thread has 30k views, clearly there is demand
30k views does not mean there is demand. I'm reading this thread and I don't have any need for such a plugin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader, sync client