Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #1
TheAlkemyst
TheAlkemyst began at the beginning.

Device: Mac
Image Error in Conversion - doc to epub

In this book word doc file, we have a black silhouette image of a hawk. Very small above each chapter name.

When I convert to .epub, the hawk is being moved to a previous page all by itself.

How do I stop this from happening.?

Thanks in advance!
TheAlkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try saving as docx and convert again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlkemyst View Post
In this book word doc file, we have a black silhouette image of a hawk. Very small above each chapter name.

When I convert to .epub, the hawk is being moved to a previous page all by itself.

How do I stop this from happening.?
When I have seen things like that, was problem with the chapter detection. It's likely the image and the heading are labelled in a way that means they each appear as a chapter headings. If they are, then the file will be split before each of them. It probably means that the two things have heading styles. If you look at the Structure detection page of the conversion, you can see the chapter detection rules. You can change them to suit this book. For the few times I have hit this, I used the editor to merge the files that were affected. I also needed to make some other changes so that the ToC came out right.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, images