Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 11-01-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
orcabloom
orcabloom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How to view annotations made on Kindle within the Calibre e-book viewer?

Let's say I highlight a passage while reading on my Kindle (Paperwhite). I then plug my Kindle into Calibre and use the annotations plugin to "fetch annotations." The annotation I made on Kindle will show up in the "book details" (visible on the right side of the app when I select that book, or when I right click that book and click "view book details." But when I go to read that book in Calibre's e-book viewer, and I navigate to that passage within the book, it won't be highlighted yellow in the Calibre viewer. Only highlights made in Calibre will show up in the Calibre viewer. Is there a way to get highlights made on Kindle to show up in the Calibre viewer?
orcabloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:54 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
At this point, no. All the current methods to get the annotations from the device into calibre do it by reading the "My Clippings.txt" file. These methods put the annotations into a column in calibre. Putting them into calibre in a way that is seen in the viewer would require someone to write the code to do that. And change the source for the data. The "My Clippings.txt" file does not contain enough information to identify exactly where in the book the annotation was made. So far, no one has been interested in doing that work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, calibre, highlight, kindle, plugin