Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-09-2020, 01:52 PM   #1
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
Poke 2 Color: imminent release

I've seen a few posts online (not here) claiming that Onyx have released the Poke 2 Color, even that it is on sale.

Seems it is official!

https://shop.boox.com/products/poke2color

Last edited by Crowriver; 08-09-2020 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Mistaken thread title.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:23 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Pricy!

Then again, it does run Android.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah I suppose the flexibility to add, for example, Kindle app, or Overdrive will be a selling point.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:26 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
They'll capture my interest when they come out with a Nova or Note Colour version. But I'm glad to see that colour is moving forward.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:42 AM   #5
Crowriver
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
They'll capture my interest when they come out with a Nova or Note Colour version. But I'm glad to see that colour is moving forward.
Agreed, this doesn't seem compelling enough for me to take on given I've just purchased a 6" colour e-reader...

A colour note taking e-reader with Wacom screen would be quite a different proposition and we shall see what transpires in the coming months perhaps.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:52 PM   #6
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
This will likely be the only color eink device preloaded with Play Store released this year so I ordered one.

It's pricy etc but I've been waiting a long time for this so almost feel obligated to support it

Edit: spoke too soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Onyx has implied there is a 7.8" screen in the works.
https://the-digital-reader.com/2020/...color-ereader/

Last edited by pata; 08-10-2020 at 10:39 PM.
pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #7
Crowriver
Groupie

Sold out already!?!?
Old 08-11-2020, 12:57 PM   #8
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
Sold out... yep.
Please make 8” and 10” in color... Pleeease
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:23 AM   #9
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
10 inch colour with wacom and android I would pre-order yesterday...
It's what I have been waiting for, for the past decade.
So far, I have been really close to getting a 10inch android ebook, but always stop just before buying it. My 6inch ebook readers are more than enough for books reading and to read a color magazine 10 inches would be the minimum.
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #10
jsiebenbaum
jsiebenbaum began at the beginning.

Device: likebook muses
100 dpi for color ... no thanks..
jsiebenbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #11
E_inkFuture
E_inkFuture began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
Does pocketbook color have the same limited resolution?
E_inkFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 01:10 AM   #12
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
For reading a newspaper, the economist or national geographic, I would not mind 100dpi. Most of the time even grayscale is ok. But to spend 600 Euros for grayscale is a bit too much - that's why I haven't bought a note yet. I usually use my laptop with the inherent drawbacks.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:34 AM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_inkFuture View Post
Does pocketbook color have the same limited resolution?
Yes, they all use the same screen technology.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, colour, onyx, poke 2