Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #16
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Hi all,

This model is intended only for the USA and Japan.
I searched without success for a solution by Internet, but did not find a reseller who delivers in France.
Could an American resident give me the link of an American site having this model and able to deliver in France?

Thank you in advance.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #17
djazz
Enthusiast
djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One LE
I bought my LE new on ebay from Japan. 5 days shipping to Sweden. I am very happy with it!
djazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #18
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Thanks djazz. I didn't thought it would be so easy to purchase from Japan.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:51 PM   #19
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbruder View Post
That leaves me at an estimated 15 days without really being able to do anything but lay reclining while not doing... anything... (I don't cope well with having to pass days like this)

I have let the poor CSR working with me know this as politely as possible and added in that with the amount of money involved that this is really not acceptable. (And that Kobo has shipped replacements to me and then had me ship defective readers back to them for this very reason).

However, it is now past close of day for them on a Friday. I do not expect to hear back from them before Monday.

Here is to hoping for a more positive outcome.
Sorry to hear about your problems. I had a KA1, but it had quality issues, so I returned it. What a nightmarish, obtuse process. This is one reason why I'm looking forward to Kobo being in Walmarts soon. Also, the next time I buy a Kobo, I'm doing it through Charter's. I hear the service and speed are incomparably better.

At any rate, the website you have to track your package will one day stop updating. This is likely because your Kobo arrived to their New York facility. Then it travels by donkey back to their Canadian facility, which they don't bother telling you or updating the information on the status page. Just FYI in case you wonder if your KA1 LE has fallen off the earth.

I recently purchased a KA1 LE and decided to live with the red comfort light. I'm not sure why, but quality from unit to unit varies greatly. I'd persevere. The KA1 LE is a gorgeous reader. Assuming your next unit is an improvement, you should be in for a treat.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #20
Mingyar
Connoisseur

Kobo Aura One LE received today from Japan by eBay. Unfortunately, the package was intercepted by customs, so a surcharge of 68€ in addition to the amount of the ereader at 253€. But then, I got it, that's the main thing.
Advert
Old 05-21-2018, 01:39 AM   #21
djazz
Enthusiast
djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingyar View Post
Kobo Aura One LE received today from Japan by eBay. Unfortunately, the package was intercepted by customs, so a surcharge of 68€ in addition to the amount of the ereader at 253€. But then, I got it, that's the main thing.
Yes, I had to pay VAT and customs fee too, same amount as you did. Enjoy your KA1 LE!
djazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #22
Wolfsbruder
Connoisseur
Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Elipsa
The LE is worth it. Once Kobo got a replacement to me, I love being able to have a larger library with me all the time. I also love being able to read my manga collection
Wolfsbruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #23
Grench
Grench began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One Limited Edition
I love using my Kobo Aura One Limited Edition for 'planned reading'. If I know I'm going to be stuck waiting somewhere in a vehicle or airport or whatnot, then I can plan to bring it along. The catch? It's too big to fit in my pocket, so it can't go with me everywhere.

Why not buy a 2nd Kobo e-reader that will fit in a pocket? I make use of the native Overdrive on the KA1LE. I'm dumbfounded why Kobo hasn't put that system on every ereader they sell. It truly is the primary differentiation that Kobo has over every other ereader on the market.

I wish they made a KA1LE equivalent in a 4.5"+/- screen for pocketable Overdrive reading.
Grench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:45 PM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grench View Post
I love using my Kobo Aura One Limited Edition for 'planned reading'. If I know I'm going to be stuck waiting somewhere in a vehicle or airport or whatnot, then I can plan to bring it along. The catch? It's too big to fit in my pocket, so it can't go with me everywhere.

Why not buy a 2nd Kobo e-reader that will fit in a pocket? I make use of the native Overdrive on the KA1LE. I'm dumbfounded why Kobo hasn't put that system on every ereader they sell. It truly is the primary differentiation that Kobo has over every other ereader on the market.

I wish they made a KA1LE equivalent in a 4.5"+/- screen for pocketable Overdrive reading.
If that is what you want to do, then it already works. If you have connected your account to an OD/Library account, then any book you borrow should sync to all devices. Borrowing a book adds it to your Kobo library and that doesn't discriminate on the device. You can't borrow from the other devices, but you can read.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #25
omnimodis78
Enthusiast
omnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I'm a little confused about the real, currently applicable differences between the original Aura ONE and the Aura ONE SE.

The storage size is clear. However; in the many marketing material I'm reading, it's noted that the SE has "9 white LED lights and 8 RGB LEDS." Does the original Aura ONE have a different LED light count?

The SE exclusive enhanced page-turn feature has been ported over to the Aura ONE with the 4.8.10956 firmware update, so that's a non-issue anymore.

The page flipping has also been optimized via firmware for many Kobo devices back in December 2018, if I'm not mistaken.

So, again, what are the relevant benefits besides storage between the SE and original ONE versions? Thank you.
omnimodis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:09 PM   #26
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimodis78 View Post
I'm a little confused about the real, currently applicable differences between the original Aura ONE and the Aura ONE SE.

The storage size is clear. However; in the many marketing material I'm reading, it's noted that the SE has "9 white LED lights and 8 RGB LEDS." Does the original Aura ONE have a different LED light count?

The SE exclusive enhanced page-turn feature has been ported over to the Aura ONE with the 4.8.10956 firmware update, so that's a non-issue anymore.

The page flipping has also been optimized via firmware for many Kobo devices back in December 2018, if I'm not mistaken.

So, again, what are the relevant benefits besides storage between the SE and original ONE versions? Thank you.
The only hardware difference between the Aura One and the Aura One LE is the size of the eMMC memory. The Aura One has an 8GB unit, the Aura One LE has a 32GB unit. Otherwise, the hardware is identical. BTW, there is no such animal as an Aura One SE, the unit with 32GB was sold in the USA as the Aura One LE and in Japan as the Aura One Manga (or Comic). The Kobo Aura and Kobo Aura H2O did have updated versions with Edition 2 added to the name.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-04-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Fat fingered typos... what else is old?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote