Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #46
EDinNB
Enthusiast
EDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
So I take it the rollout is still on hold while they fix the last of the bugs?

EDinNB
EDinNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #47
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
Can anyone confirm a word that is actually in the dictionary? So far I have not been able to find one word that will give me a dictionary description. I've tried all sorts of words - most of them fairly common - making sure that I'm not choosing one that is plural or with any endings on it, still can't find anything. I want to confirm that the dictionary is actually working.
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #48
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Anxiously awaiting the new version. I'm charging my Kobo now. I seem to recall that speculation was low battery during the 1.4 upgrade caused problems.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #49
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Can't wait
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #50
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid View Post
Can anyone confirm a word that is actually in the dictionary? So far I have not been able to find one word that will give me a dictionary description. .
Plaid--the problem that caused Kobo to stop the upgrade was that somehow the dictionary (which worked fine in the earlier beta versions) did not work in the final version. When the update starts again, you will have a working dictionary in that version.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #51
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDinNB View Post
So I take it the rollout is still on hold while they fix the last of the bugs?
EDinNB
Per Jordan (JCKobo), they are doing one more testing pass and are targeting a release tonight.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #52
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Plaid--the problem that caused Kobo to stop the upgrade was that somehow the dictionary (which worked fine in the earlier beta versions) did not work in the final version. When the update starts again, you will have a working dictionary in that version.
ahh that explains it. Thanks!
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #53
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
Will people with the Linux Kobo Desktop app be able to update as well ?
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #54
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Per Jordan (JCKobo), they are doing one more testing pass and are targeting a release tonight.
Is there also a new desktop app, or just the firmware for the Kobo-O?

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #55
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just downloaded a desktop from the kobobooks.com site that is dated Dec 12 and versioned 1.8.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #56
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
I just downloaded a desktop from the kobobooks.com site that is dated Dec 12 and versioned 1.8.
But when I start my desktop app (vers 1.75), it doesn't offer a pop-up telling me that there is a newer version?

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #57
redadept13
avid reader
redadept13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
anyone have any luck getting the update? I have the newest version of the desktop app, but still nothing to sync with the reader.
redadept13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #58
taming
Trying for calm & polite

The update was pulled last night when one of the beta testers saw that the dictionary (which had been fine) was not working right in the final release. It is getting another round of testing, and if all goes well, it will be released tonight. There is a lot of discussion of this a bit earlier in the thread.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #59
dmacmart
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
But when I start my desktop app (vers 1.75), it doesn't offer a pop-up telling me that there is a newer version?

ltr
Oh - I didn't try that; I just downloaded the desktop app. I also didn't try syncing my kobo(original) - waiting for the green light on that one.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #60
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
But when I start my desktop app (vers 1.75), it doesn't offer a pop-up telling me that there is a newer version? ltr
It shouldn't yet, ltr, that notification was turned off when Kobo pulled the roll out of the Kobo-O update last night.