Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
shulz
shulz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one, ridibooks paper pro,kindle paperwhite 3G
(Aura one) cannot change publisher default font weight

Hi.
Currently, my Aura one has the 4.9.10956 patch installed. And Enable the freedom to advanced font control option. I can change the sideloaded fonts’ weight well by the advanced font control slider. But there’s no change on the publisher default font when I move the weight slider. The file format is kepub and I converted the file using Calibre. Can not change the weight of the publisher font in a sideloaded kepub file? I have written using a Google Translator. Sorry for the awkward expression.
shulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
CLMF
CLMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Aura HD, can't change weight either. I think it's something to do with Kobo phasing it out or something.
CLMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
shulz
shulz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one, ridibooks paper pro,kindle paperwhite 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLMF View Post
Aura HD, can't change weight either. I think it's something to do with Kobo phasing it out or something.

Thank you for the reply. I've searched on Google for various keywords to solve this problem. But the answer was not found. It was impossible from the beginning, maybe... sad.😔😔
shulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:24 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You cannot change the font weight for the publisher font setting. It's never been an option.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:06 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The "Publisher Font" option means "Use whatever font is defined in the book and use the system defaults if the book doesn't define them". As such, having the advance options does not make sense as the font could be different for each book. And the changes needed are font specific.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:09 PM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The "Publisher Font" option means "Use whatever font is defined in the book and use the system defaults if the book doesn't define them". As such, having the advance options does not make sense as the font could be different for each book. And the changes needed are font specific.
Or, it makes perfect sense: if you want all the fonts thicker move the slider to the right, if you want all the fonts thinner move it to the left.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote