Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
Arwen17
Arwen17 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Using 3G with Nook Web browser?

I know its not possible to use 3G with Nook's web browser.

But I was wondering if there was a hack from Nookdevs or anything that might make it possible?

If not, do you think there may be a hack like this in the future or is it not possible at all for some reason?
Arwen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:55 AM   #2
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
NookDevs don't condone the use of 3G for web browsing or the like. I'm pretty sure its because they didn't want B&N to get cranky at them and ban softrooting full stop or something. Either way, don't expect something like that anytime soon.
However, I do believe that if you use a 3G sim card other than the B&N one, its unrestricted. More about that here: http://nookdevs.com/What_we_know#3G
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Arwen17
Arwen17 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
NookDevs don't condone the use of 3G for web browsing or the like. I'm pretty sure its because they didn't want B&N to get cranky at them and ban softrooting full stop or something. Either way, don't expect something like that anytime soon.
However, I do believe that if you use a 3G sim card other than the B&N one, its unrestricted. More about that here: http://nookdevs.com/What_we_know#3G
Thank you for the explanation.
Arwen17 is offline   Reply With Quote