Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Tag Cloud Search

I was surfing the mobile version of MR on my iPod Touch and accidentally hit the "search forum" link and was sent to a "Tag Search Cloud". I'd never noticed it before, so I hopped on my laptop to double check and I see that "Tag Search" has been added to the search function (up in the blue bar).

Have I been blind and this cloud search has been there the whole time (or a while) or is it a new feature?

I guess we have to get better at tagging our threads.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
tags have been available for a while now ; they were added as part of the forum reorganisation (which is ongoing). but it's good you brought it up because it's a very useful feature which deserves more attention.

you can add tags to your threads (bottom of the page) to make them easier to find based on keywords : please remember to add a comma to separate keywords. tags which already exist will be proposed as you type if the beginning of your keyword matches, i recommend you try to use these when possible to aid visibility.

you can also search using individual keywords or via the tag cloud : just click on "search" > "tag search" as daffy said in the blue bar at the top of the page.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I knew about the "tag" part and have been trying to remember to use them more for several weeks. It's the "cloud" part that I hadn't seen (or noticed) before. How long had that been around?
Old 09-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Tags and clouds - cool! Hey, I just created a new little cloud. Feel the power flow through your veins!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Tags and clouds - cool! Hey, I just created a new little cloud. Feel the power flow through your veins!
Hey! You! Get off of my cloud!
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The clouds of enlightenment are all around you.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

We're watching you, duck.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
We're watching you, duck.
Tag! You're it!

(thanks for the Stones and new "tag" )
Old 09-03-2008, 06:55 AM   #9
radioflyertoo
Hog Rider
radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: HTC 7501
Clouds can bring "96 Tears" a fine oldie.

Bob
radioflyertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The Tag Cloud has been around for many months, since tags were first introduced. As I remember they cam in at the same time as thread prefixes, it just took us a while to establish the prefix pool before applying them.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Tag? I have a Tag Heuer watch that is in for repairs that I need to go pick up!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Tag? I have a Tag Heuer watch that is in for repairs that I need to go pick up!
The Loved One has a KG Heuer watch that he bought in Bali for about Rp3,500. I assume KG is Tag's brother.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:40 AM   #13
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
The Loved One has a KG Heuer watch that he bought in Bali for about Rp3,500. I assume KG is Tag's brother.

Cheers,
Marc
I thought that was the one Taylor made in his workshop.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tag cloud search feature, unutterable silliness