Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 02:57 AM   #1
noaxis2
Enthusiast
noaxis2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted w/autonooter)
overclocking!

I've rooted to NC 1.1. How do i overclock? Seems a little sluggish!
noaxis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
I've rooted to NC 1.1. How do i overclock? Seems a little sluggish!
The info is here:

Replace kernel

You need Clockwork recovery first.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #3
noaxis2
Enthusiast
noaxis2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted w/autonooter)
Isn't Clockwork recovery in the ROM Manager?

I think I found some pretty clear instructions at http://www.androidtablets.net/nook-color-technical/
noaxis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
Isn't Clockwork recovery in the ROM Manager?
Clockwork recovery can be installed using the ROM Manager, but they are completely separate. ROM Manager is a tool that can install recovery functions and ROMs. Clockwork is the recovery function itself and can be installed using other methods, ROM Manager is just a convenient method.

If you have a rooted 1.1 device, current advice is not to install Clockwork using ROM Manager but instead to run clockwork off of an SD card (say by using the rootpack). This is because the Nook gets into a recovery loop where it will only boot recovery (clockwork). If this happens, you can uninstall clockwork using the rootpack.

I have a 1.1 rooted Nook with clockworkmod installed, but I installed CWM on my rooted 1.0.1 device and then applied the rooted 1.1 update. This avoids getting stuck in recovery bootup.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote