Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
Standard micro-USB with K#

Will a standard micro-USB cord (not the one that ships with the K3) properly charge and allow computer docking?

Title should be K3... :-(
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Yup. Standard Micro-USB cable for the K3.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
Yup. Standard Micro-USB cable for the K3.
Thanks much...
Old 01-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
GoversAU
Enthusiast
GoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle Oasis
Yep, I use my Nokia cable for my Kindles and vice versa.
GoversAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
Title should be K3...
K# ???

Darn, I thought Microsoft was releasing a new kewl programming language. :-)

Last edited by Daithi; 01-13-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
CyberBiker
CyberBiker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Micro-USB cords

Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
Will a standard micro-USB cord (not the one that ships with the K3) properly charge and allow computer docking?

Title should be K3... :-(
I have been using other micro-usb cords to charge and manage my kindle for over a year. They work fine. Just make sure they are all the way in.
CyberBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #7
aproudlove
Enthusiast
aproudlove doesn't litteraproudlove doesn't litteraproudlove doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Yeah I use the one from my work Blackberry
aproudlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
wilderf3353
wilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
Yes

I bought a few extra cable for my phone and they work great with the Kindle 3.

I have been buying cable for years from Monoprice. They have great prices and good quality. I bought a few "3ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male" cables for $1.19 each (product id = 5457). Shipping to pretty cheap too.

Monoprice has some cheap USB AC Power chargers and Car Charger too if you need a backup.

Last edited by wilderf3353; 01-14-2011 at 08:05 AM.
wilderf3353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #9
daesdaemar
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilderf3353 View Post
Yes

I bought a few extra cable for my phone and they work great with the Kindle 3.

I have been buying cable for years from Monoprice. They have great prices and good quality. I bought a few "3ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male" cables for $1.19 each (product id = 5457). Shipping to pretty cheap too.

Monoprice has some cheap USB AC Power chargers and Car Charger too if you need a backup.
Yes, I've also used Monoprice for years.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's perhaps not the most obvious choice, but Amazon are really good for low-cost cables, too. Especially if you're a "Prime" member so you get the shipping free.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote