Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
bwk
bwk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Including publisher info with social metadata download

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I'll try not to scew it up.

I'm trying to find a way to include the publisher information when I download only the social metadata via the calibre GUI.

My goal is to download all the metadata except the Title and probably the Author too. The Author isn't as important though as I usually don't have to fix that after fetching metadata. I've got a lot of books left to process and I'm hoping to avoid having to edit 90% of the Titles after a metadata fetch if at all possible.

Does anyone know how to include publisher, but not title when downloading metadata from cablibre using the GUI?
bwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Calibre->Preferences->Overwrite author and title by default when fetching metadata.

Untick this - that will stop ALL metadata download types from overwriting the title and author. Now instead of using download only social metadata, just use the normal ctrl+D (or download without covers if you don't want those overwritten and have them already).
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
bwk
bwk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
That does the trick. I really love this software!

Thanks for the help.
bwk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downloading metadata