Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #1246
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
This is only a request, and if you have the time to do it, I don't know if it's even possible.

To take the book status (Read, Unread, Finished), from sqlite file (I didn't find where it's in sqlite file), and to load it, into a custom column.
So if you finished a book on your device, when you connect the device to calibre, it will change to Finished in the custom column.
I don't know how it will work if somebody have more than one device.
Um, the plugin has been able to do that from the very start. But, it isn't getting the state, it gets the reading percentage. The state is also used, but, the percent read will be 100 if the book has been finished. The fetch can be run at connect time and can also check date and current status before doing the fetch. I also use column icons rules to display different icons in the percent read column based on the percent read.

For owners of multiple devices, you can either use the last read timestamp and state to decide if you update the state. Or you define a profile for each device and store the reading status in different sets of columns for each device.

And in the database, on the table "content", the column "ReadStatus" contains the reading status. 0 means unread, 1 is reading and 2 is finished. 3 is "Closed" but I don't think that is used in any recent firmware, and I never worked out exactly what it meant.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #1247
oren64
I ❤ Reading
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Um, the plugin has been able to do that from the very start. But, it isn't getting the state, it gets the reading percentage. The state is also used, but, the percent read will be 100 if the book has been finished. The fetch can be run at connect time and can also check date and current status before doing the fetch. I also use column icons rules to display different icons in the percent read column based on the percent read.
I missed that

Last edited by oren64; 02-17-2017 at 10:51 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:40 PM   #1248
oren64
I ❤ Reading
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo
I want to use the percentage column to build status read column (text), but I find it a little difficult to make a template function.

If percentage is 1-99 return "Read".
If percentage is 100 return "Finished".

Edit: I managed to make the function.

Last edited by oren64; 02-20-2017 at 01:58 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo