Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
andrea t
andrea t began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problems downloading to adobe digital

It used to work perfect. Now when I try to download from my public library adobe digital opens but nothing happens. It opens but I don't even get a message! I tried going to Internet Explorer and deleting browsing history (suggested in trouble shooting adobe) but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Edited to add I'm now getting message "error getting license" "server communication problem" Please help!

Last edited by andrea t; 08-17-2010 at 10:46 PM.
andrea t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea t View Post
It used to work perfect. Now when I try to download from my public library adobe digital opens but nothing happens. It opens but I don't even get a message! I tried going to Internet Explorer and deleting browsing history (suggested in trouble shooting adobe) but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Edited to add I'm now getting message "error getting license" "server communication problem" Please help!
I have the same problem. Please help.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 01:16 AM   #3
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
It sounds like some problem with the library servers. You'll just have to wait 'til they get it fixed.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
andrea t

OK I fixed the problem. When I was logged in under AOL it didn't work. Today I went in under just internet explorer and it was a breeze! Must be a glitch with AOL.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I've had that problem once or twice too...usually resolves itself in just a few minutes...temporarily overwhelmed ADE servers maybe?
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did have this problem happen a couple of times at night. I think the problem s an overloaded ADE server or servers. I've never had it happen during the day.

And I the other day someone else I was talking to online had the problem at the same time I did.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I've had this happen when i've downloaded a pdf that attempts to redownload whenever I open Ade. The solution was to return the offending pdf.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
I used the same browser to download the same book this morning and it went ok. As others have pointed out, it might be the server overloading at night.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I've pretty much given up getting library books at night. I can check out, and download the .acsm, but as soon as I try to open the .acsm in ADE, I get a "License Error." Opening and closing ADE doesn't help, and neither does re-downloading the .acsm file.

But if I do it in the morning, everything is peachy. So either ADE's servers are getting slammed at night, or they are in backup.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
andrea t

Well, it was in the AM that it worked so maybe that was the answer all along!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm thinking with more and more people with readers that support ADE and libraries that support ADE, the DRM server(s) are getting slammed and thus, it does not work well at night.

At one library, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in ePub has a waiting list of 61. So yes, I think eBooks at libraries are helping to overload the DRM server(s).
Old 08-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #12
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FWIW, it's about 8:22p.m. on the east coast right now and I'm trying to "download" 2 library books and keep getting errors re: license communications ADEPT_IO ... As mentioned above I've seen this before so I'll try again in a couple hours or in the morning.

And 3 hours later I still haven't been able to download. I've sent a message to the library via the Help options off the overdrive page and I will try in the morning. It's not Adobe's problem since I was able to download a book just fine from another site (fictionwise).

Last edited by texasnightowl; 08-18-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
FWIW, it's about 8:22p.m. on the east coast right now and I'm trying to "download" 2 library books and keep getting errors re: license communications ADEPT_IO ... As mentioned above I've seen this before so I'll try again in a couple hours or in the morning.

And 3 hours later I still haven't been able to download. I've sent a message to the library via the Help options off the overdrive page and I will try in the morning. It's not Adobe's problem since I was able to download a book just fine from another site (fictionwise).
I recently had an issue downloading an eBook from the library. I tried for a while and finally got it downloaded. Then I went to try a second book (already taken out) and it failed. I didn't keep retrying the second one. This was at night (Eastern in USA). I've never had a problem during the day. Just at night.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
My library just went online with Overdrive yesterday, and I got that error message last night. I ended up just saving the ACSM files on my desktop before I went to bed, and this morning opened them with ADE. They downloaded immediately then, so I think maybe things were just overloaded last night...
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #15
texasnightowl
Guru

Yes, mine also downloaded fine this morning. I did get a response from my library that I was not the only one and they've contacted Overdrive. Don't know what, if anything, will come of that, but at least I've reported the problem.