Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Kobo Sold Out?!?

Good grief ... Indigo's online bookstore is now reporting "Usually ships in 3 - 5 weeks" for the $149 Kobo e-reader it released on Saturday!

Plus, at least for the Toronto area, most stores are now showing "0" stock or single digits. Manulife reported 150 copies on Sunday. Better pick one up while you can ...
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
There are some left in Calgary, but you're right, pretty much gone! I'm surprised, because on Saturday I was the first one to buy it at Chapters Chinook about 10 minutes after opening.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Croptop
Zealot
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 5
I'd be surprised if the Waterloo Chapters is out of stock on them. They seemed to be keeping the release of the Kobo Reader a very well-guarded secret.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
I'd be surprised if the Waterloo Chapters is out of stock on them.
The online stock tool says it's sold out at Chapters Waterloo and Kitchener -- plus the Coles at the Conestoga Mall.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! They better change that firmware fast, before they have mass returns.
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I just got one at Chapters in Red Deer. Our supply did not arrive until today due to a warehouse glitch. The store manager told me that because of the glitch, the Red Deer store was the only one in the country that still had them in stock. They had 14 when they opened at 10, and almost 1/2 were gone by 10:45 when I picked mine up.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
midtoad
midtoad began at the beginning.

Sure glad I pre-ordered mine as soon as it was possible. :-)
midtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I just got one at Chapters in Red Deer. Our supply did not arrive until today due to a warehouse glitch. The store manager told me that because of the glitch, the Red Deer store was the only one in the country that still had them in stock. They had 14 when they opened at 10, and almost 1/2 were gone by 10:45 when I picked mine up.
I think you were being fed a sales pitch. Most of the stores in the Edmonton area seem to still have some in stock. Then again, I am only relying on the website which might not be up to date.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
SensualPoet
Wizard

Well, the good news is it looks like Indigo put some stock in every store across the country. The bad news appears to be that there is no stock left anywhere. Typically, when you order customer devices from a factory, you order 10,000 and up. Were there only 1,000 available for the initial Canadian launch? And iPad has sold 1 million in the US alone in the first month? I do hope this is merely a warehouse glitch and there are actually 100s on there way to all major locations in time for Mother's Day ...
Old 05-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Typically, when you order customer devices from a factory, you order 10,000 and up.
To hit the $149 price point they must have ordered more than that, I guess at least 100,000 units. However, the initial shipment would not be the entire order.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #11
SensualPoet
Wizard

The order may have included Borders ... but certainly there have got to be more lurking somewhere close by!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #12
celsius
celsius began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
just got one today at the Chapters in Dalhousie Station in Calgary...supposedly they still have a few at Shawnassy and Cross Iron Mills...
celsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverJ View Post
I think you were being fed a sales pitch. Most of the stores in the Edmonton area seem to still have some in stock. Then again, I am only relying on the website which might not be up to date.
LOL--yes, that is what I thought. The manager (who I actually sorta kinda know) said that they had gotten an Email from Chapters national office about it. She was soooo excited. I am loving my Kobo, so I hope everyone who wants one can get it.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #14
SensualPoet
Wizard

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Kobo is "back in stock" at Chapters online ... so stock n the stores must be hours away. Still time, perhaps, for a Mother's Day surprise!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #15
wintertrader
wintertrader began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle3
walmart also sells the kobo
wintertrader is offline   Reply With Quote