Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 02:14 AM   #1
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
The stoooopidest computer accessories?

We have all heard about the retractable drink coaster.

I have been seeing lately advertisements for USB oil burners. Does anyone else see this as odd? Don't we have enough things that actually need to plug into the computer?

The one I first saw was in an Avon catalogue.

I guess this on actually has some computer use.

http://www.latestbuy.com.au/scent-dr...-diffuser.html

Am I really that out of touch with the world?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:39 AM   #2
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hmm, if you are out of touch then so am I. No wonder computers come with more and more USB ports - with all those useless gadgets we are running out.

At least your find can be used for storage.

How about this one: http://www.usbgeek.com/prod_detail.php?prod_id=0191

Hmm, really useless: smoking at work places banned and at home use an ashtray for crying out loud
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post

http://www.latestbuy.com.au/scent-dr...-diffuser.html

Am I really that out of touch with the world?
I can't believe I actually followed this link to look at the thing! At least it does work as a USB mem stick as well - so it's not completely useless - though presumably if you put in in your bag or your pocket you will get the smelly crap you put in it all over, so perhaps, after all, it is completely useless!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
One of my co-workers brings in seasonal blinking figures for the PCs - Xmas tree, rabbit, etc. Turns out they actually do serve a purpose - if you are the last to leave the building they signal which PCs were left on.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/c208/
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh Man! I knew there was more crap out there. Thanks you folks for making me feel less lonley.

I did find at the bottom of the pet rock page, a cat controller that I liked.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/pets/b640/
Old 04-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Oh Man! I knew there was more crap out there. Thanks you folks for making me feel less lonley.

I did find at the bottom of the pet rock page, a cat controller that I liked.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/pets/b640/
I can just see my cat turning that thing on me. No doubt who is the master of the house here. (tip: It's not the one typing)

PS: cat CAN learn fast, they just choose not to. Big difference. Hubby taught ours to shake hand. Of course he used a lot of treats to achieve this. Now the cat wants to shake hands all the time because he knows he gets food out of the act.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
I can just see my cat turning that thing on me. No doubt who is the master of the house here. (tip: It's not the one typing)

PS: cat CAN learn fast, they just choose not to. Big difference. Hubby taught ours to shake hand. Of course he used a lot of treats to achieve this. Now the cat wants to shake hands all the time because he knows he gets food out of the act.
Hahaha. Our cat trained the MOTH to give him food when nipped on the back of the leg. He has tried it on me a couple of times with no success.