Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #46
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
OK, I've been testing this on DR1000s and DR800s... (2.0rc3 FW on both, with DR800+ v4 and MackxPatch v14 on top).
As someone posted above, both readers get stuck at the goodbye screen until you press a button / flip the bar, then the screen goes blank.

Preliminary measurements and comparisons seem to indicate no side effects and some battery saving on the DR800. Will confirm next week or so.

One question, though. Is this supposed to be any different from the regular shutdown on the DR1000?
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #47
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
One question, though. Is this supposed to be any different from the regular shutdown on the DR1000?
Looking at the poweroff-src it seems that the dr1000 shutdown code is used to shutdown the dr800 i.s.o. bringing it into standby. So you should not need this program on the dr1000, because it already uses the same code (dr1000 has no standby-mode like the dr800 has).
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #48
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

I see, that's what I thought.

I'm thinking, however, that if getting stuck at the good-bye screen has no other side effects, this could be used to have some splash image dumped to screen until next reboot, or better, some useful information like stats, etc. What do you think?

Even if this is a bug, we could still have something prettier/more useful than a blank screen on shutdown after ironing it out.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #49
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
I see, that's what I thought.

I'm thinking, however, that if getting stuck at the good-bye screen has no other side effects, this could be used to have some splash image dumped to screen until next reboot, or better, some useful information like stats, etc. What do you think?

Even if this is a bug, we could still have something prettier/more useful than a blank screen on shutdown after ironing it out.
My knowledge on e-ink/e-paper is limited, so I can not tell if it would have any impact.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #50
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
AFAIK, there should be not problems
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #51
MrWarper
Zealot

OK, I'll 'poweroff' two DR800s tonight, one stuck at the good-bye screen, the other 'completely' off (I'll flip the bar), and tomorrow morning we'll start by seeing if there's any difference battery-wise.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #52
MrWarper
Zealot

Reporting. The good-bye splash screen thing is not really predictable, nor does it really get 'stuck'. Last night one of the DR800s went beyond it and blank, the other still showed it when I went to bed. This morning both readers had a blank screen. I 'poweroffed' both of them again and they showed the splash screen for about 45 minutes then went blank at the same time...