Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sony Reader at Frankfurt Book Fair and in Manhattan

It's true, some Bloomberg journalists discovered the Sony Reader at this year's Frankfurt Book Fair:

Quote:
Brian Murray, group president at News Corp.'s book unit HarperCollins Publishers, brought a new toy to Frankfurt -- his Sony Reader, a portable electronic book. About the size of a very slim paperback, it has a booklike display without the backlit glare of a computer screen. It is available online and will be sold for $350 at Borders Group Inc. bookstores in the U.S.

Murray loaded 15 books and a 1,000-page manuscript on to his Reader to peruse during the fair. ``I was pleasantly surprised once I started using it,'' he said, adding that he believes the Reader might catch on. ``The first two years will be about early adopters, as with most technology,'' Murray said.
Meanwhile, Borders is celebrating the "grand opening" of their new mega-bookstore in Manhattan. During the celebration which goes through Oct 22 you can win a Sony Reader (or perhaps buy one if you are still looking for a place that has the Readers on sale).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:34 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Thanks for the bloomberg article.
Borders' new NY store Hey Borders, I would like to win a Sony Reader.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
LiquidHAL
LiquidHAL is on a distinguished road

Device: RCA REB1100
Quote:
``The first two years will be about early adopters, as with most technology,'' Murray said.
If he's talking about ebooks in general, i've been using my RCA ebook for going on five years now. I think the sony device and e-ink in general is at least third generation ebook.
LiquidHAL is offline   Reply With Quote