Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Question about Metadata

How does the Libre/Jetbook handle metadata? I plan to use Calibre to fine tune my library. Does the Libre display file names in the books view, or does it display file names? Is any other information displayed or available in any view, such as tags or genre?

Thanks.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
The Libre only displays the filename, not including the extension. It does let you sort stuff into folders, so I have my books filed as \Genre\Author\Series Name\# - Book.epub. The Jetbook has different firmware, so it may display them differently, not sure.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
The Libre only displays the filename, not including the extension. It does let you sort stuff into folders, so I have my books filed as \Genre\Author\Series Name\# - Book.epub. The Jetbook has different firmware, so it may display them differently, not sure.
So, there will be no option on the Libre to sort by either Title or Author? Thanks.

Last edited by Desertway; 03-06-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
jetBook and jetBook-Lite have this option:

read page 7 of jetBook user's manual:
http://www.ectaco.com/products/mater...UM_Eng_web.pdf
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
Desertway
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
jetBook and jetBook-Lite have this option:

read page 7 of jetBook user's manual:
http://www.ectaco.com/products/mater...UM_Eng_web.pdf
Hmmm....well the manual does say that you can sort by title or author, so it must read metadata. Maybe it just displays filenames, but sorts by metadata. Of course, if I can be patient, I will find out when my Libre (not Jetbook) arrives. Thanks.
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 03:24 AM   #6
thenitch
thenitch began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Yes it will read the meta data if the file has it, at least for pdf. When viewing the book menus, it will put the author meta data on the top line (justified to the left) of the menu item and put the title metadata on the bottom line (justified to the right) of the menu item. If there is no meta data for the pdf file, it will just use the filename with deleted underscores and deleted extension. For example, if the following file had no metadata: Ayn_Rand-Atlas_Shrugged.pdf It would be displayed as: Ayn Rand-Atlas Shrugged

Txt files are different. If you name the text file the following way, it will place the author and book title in the menu as described above: Author_Name#Book_Title.txt

I recommend you take one of each type of file you have, modify the meta data as you like and change the file name as you like. Load that file onto the Jetbook, and see if you like how it is displayed in the menu. If you like it, do the rest of that type that way. If you don't like it, try something else until you do like it.
thenitch is offline   Reply With Quote