Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #76
labba
labba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by labba View Post
i have update the files please try again..

LaBBa.
from some resone i get now 2 extra message boxes.. so the PID is the one before that last 2 messages
labba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #77
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by labba View Post
from some resone i get now 2 extra message boxes.. so the PID is the one before that last 2 messages
When I run the Patcher.exe, I get an error message: I'm running Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, Service Pack 2
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #78
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
I hate to sound like I'm pushing something here, but seriously: source-visible script with GUI that automatically figures out the appropriate source file and runs mobidedrm for you: Circumventing Kindle For PC DRM . No takers?
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #79
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
When I run the Patcher.exe, I get an error message: I'm running Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, Service Pack 2
If you're using unswindle.pyw, you *don't* need labba's patch. These are mutually incompatible approaches. (I note because you appear from the screenshot to be trying to use both.)
Old 12-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #80
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Cabbages, I left a comment for you on your blog, also downloaded and tried the script, but I'm lost at the part where you "put those kids together" (I'm assuming this means the two scripts). I'm also confused about the .pyw extension. Everything else I have has extension .py.

Sorry, I know this is really basic stuff, but...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #81
avid
Enthusiast
avid has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Palm TX, Ebookwise 1150, Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
I hate to sound like I'm pushing something here, but seriously: source-visible script with GUI that automatically figures out the appropriate source file and runs mobidedrm for you: Circumventing Kindle For PC DRM . No takers?
Yes - I tried it. XP/SP3 - Got this error after the K4PC splash screen...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\books\unswindle.pyw", line 631, in gui_main
inpath, pid = unswindler.get_book()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\books\unswindle.pyw", line 582, in get_book
debugger.main_loop()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\books\unswindle.pyw", line 470, in main_loop
self._handle_bp(addr)
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\books\unswindle.pyw", line 436, in _handle_bp
callback(self, context)
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\books\unswindle.pyw", line 516, in _get_book_path
path = debugger.read_process_memory(addr, 4096)
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\books\unswindle.pyw", line 385, in read_process_memory
raise DebuggerError("could not read memory")
DebuggerError: could not read memory

Don't know enough about it to know what to do next...

Last edited by avid; 12-17-2009 at 05:43 PM.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #82
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Yes, I tried both but not together. I tried yours 1st but can't understand your instructions. when I double clicked on unswindle.pwy, I get the following errors:

File "C:\Mobi Books\unswindle.py", line 628, in gui_main
unswindler = Unswindler()
File "C:\Mobi Books\unswindle.py", line 541, in __init__
self._exepath = self._get_exe_path()
File "C:\Mobi Books\unswindle.py", line 556, in _get_exe_path
regkey = winreg.OpenKey(system, KINDLE_REG_KEY)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Last edited by Lilly; 12-17-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #83
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Cabbages, I left a comment for you on your blog, also downloaded and tried the script, but I'm lost at the part where you "put those kids together" (I'm assuming this means the two scripts).
Oh, like the directions at the top of the script say, just put the mobidedrm.py script in the same directory as unswindle.pyw. That's all it means.

Quote:
I'm also confused about the .pyw extension. Everything else I have has extension .py.
Things with a .py extension run in a console version of the Python interpreter. Things with a .pyw run in a non-console version, which means you don't get an ugly console window showing up for no reason. That's the only difference.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #84
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid View Post
Don't know enough about it to know what to do next...
If I can convince you to work with me on debugging, I'll PM you.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #85
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, like the directions at the top of the script say, just put the mobidedrm.py script in the same directory as unswindle.pyw. That's all it means.

Things with a .py extension run in a console version of the Python interpreter. Things with a .pyw run in a non-console version, which means you don't get an ugly console window showing up for no reason. That's the only difference.
Thanks Ok, tried that and I get this:

File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 630, in gui_main
File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 543, in __init__
File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 558, in _get_exe_path
Old 12-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #86
avid
Enthusiast
avid has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Palm TX, Ebookwise 1150, Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
If I can convince you to work with me on debugging, I'll PM you.
Sure -
I had two books in K4PC - I think one was a Topaz file - your script could not find a PID.
I deleted it and now have a file I am sure is a Mobi file.
If I open K4PC first, then run your script, I get the error Failed to determine book path. If K4PC is not running, I get the error I posted above.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #87
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
On Win7x64 i am getting the following errors

File "D:\Temp\Kindle4pc\unswindle.pyw", line 628, in gui_main
File "D:\Temp\Kindle4pc\unswindle.pyw", line 541, in __init__
File "D:\Temp\Kindle4pc\unswindle.pyw", line 556, in _get_exe_path
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #88
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Yes, I tried both but not together. I tried yours 1st but can't understand your instructions. when I double clicked on unswindle.pwy, I get the following errors:
I misplaced a line which was supposed to catch that error more gracefully, but it looks like you potentially didn't have Kindle For PC installed when you ran the script? Otherwise it means my attempt at handling non-en_US versions of Windows may have failed. Could you try again, after confirming that you have Kindle For PC fully installed, and that .mobi books open in it?
Old 12-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #89
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Thanks Ok, tried that and I get this:

File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 630, in gui_main
File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 543, in __init__
File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 558, in _get_exe_path
Hey you and I have same error although your code must have two extra lfs

I do have Win7x64 USA ver WITH kindle4pc already installed

edit:

Last edited by volwrath; 12-17-2009 at 05:54 PM.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #90
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Hey you and I have same error although your code must have two extra lfs

I do have Win7x64 USA ver WITH kindle4pc already installed

edit:
Same version of windows here. Kindle 4 PC installed....