Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Tapatalk HD $0,99

For us forum junkies... Tapatalk 4 is on a sale this week (I think it's going on this week anyway). Price is 99 cents.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Thanks! I guess I'll finally bite and get it.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
Where? It shows as $2.99 on the play store.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tapatalkHD&hl

I have seen other mentions of this sale, so I don't think it's a special just for some people.

Edit: Tapatalk 4 shows up as on sale, but old Tapatalk is still $2.99 when I'm logged out of Google.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Reviews on the play store are quite mixed. what's the general opinion here? (Yes, I'm that cheap)
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

Personally I don't think it's much of an improvement from Tapatalk 2 (that I love to bits!).
For larger screen tablets (larger than 7") it does have a nice looking UI. But possibly more "pretty" that "good" IMHO.
For people who don't have any Tapatalk version it's a cheap way to get at least one version.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Personally I don't think it's much of an improvement from Tapatalk 2 (that I love to bits!).
For larger screen tablets (larger than 7") it does have a nice looking UI. But possibly more "pretty" that "good" IMHO.
For people who don't have any Tapatalk version it's a cheap way to get at least one version.
Quote:
Tapatalk 4 - super launch sale!! $0.99. Was $4.99. Only one week. Upgrade Tapatalk 2 to Tapatalk 4 with HD tablet support for less than a dollar!
BTW, Tapatalk 2 is free on Amazon and iTunes. Google is still charging $2.99 for it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
They have finally allowed use of the HD on phones. Originally the HD was a money grabbing scheme that would not install on phones (forcing you to buy both - or so they expected), but now the HD will install and work on phones too, as all Android apps are supposed to. At $0.99, it's a good buy.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
BTW, Tapatalk 2 is free on Amazon and iTunes. Google is still charging $2.99 for it.
Is Tapatalk 2 the one I show as just Tapatalk Community Reader?

What's the difference between 2 & 4, from what I see not much.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Is Tapatalk 2 the one I show as just Tapatalk Community Reader?
Yes..
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yeah, I do not understand the difference either.
Also, Amazon app store seems to have a totally different version: HD ver 1.x, in addition to the free 2.x version. A bit confusing.

And in my brief period of trying them, I really can't see the value. It seems that any device that can run Tapatalk can also browse the forums just fine the normal way.
Clearly some forum-savvy folks swear by it. Maybe I need a tutorial video or two.

Also, one of the few forums I frequent that supports it started reporting an error in Tapatalk and I had no idea what to do about it, so that's one reason I stopped trying them altogether.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 08-14-2013 at 12:22 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
...It seems that any device that can run Tapatalk can also browse the forums just fine the normal way....

ApK
We I mostly agree, but I have found with my older phone (so to be replaced) that is on Android 2.3 it is not always easy to reply in forums. sometimes I had to type out my message as a text then cut and paste. Sometimes that didn't work. Taptalk (the free) made that easier for me.

The only forum I frequent that uses Tapatalk is this one, but at least I stay up to date on my freebies while on the go
Old 08-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #13
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Yes..
Old 08-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Thanks, grabbed it! Always wanted to grab this.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I have a love hate relationship with Tapatalk. I use it too for visiting MobileRead on tablet and phone devices. Unfortunately it's also one the most buggy software I have ever encountered (both client and server side). In the future we plan on making our site more "responsive" for mobile devices, meaning less dependency on Tapatalk.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote