Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
There is no black text on the Kindle Fire's Sepia theme. It's ugly brownish red. I would love to have black text though. I tried replicating the theme on Mantano but can't get the background color right so it's a grey background on there.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I wish the Kindle reader would add a grey page background ( with black text) as the 4th option so we could have a simulated e-ink setup, as we can in Aldiko / Mantano
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #18
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
+1 for ScreenDim
I set the Kobo Vox to adjust the amount of screen dim automatically based on the ambient lighting. I don't know why this isn't the default, to be honest.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
I set the Kobo Vox to adjust the amount of screen dim automatically based on the ambient lighting. I don't know why this isn't the default, to be honest.
Probably because the app was design for the Kindle Fire first and it doesn't have that option.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #20
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Probably because the app was design for the Kindle Fire first and it doesn't have that option.
The Kobo app was designed for the Kindle Fire first?! I would have understood if you'd said android tablets in general, but the Fire specifically?
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The Kobo app was designed for the Kindle Fire first?! I would have understood if you'd said android tablets in general, but the Fire specifically?
No Screen Dimm was designed for the Kindle Fire.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #22
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
No Screen Dimm was designed for the Kindle Fire.
But the Kobo Vox came out before the Kindle Fire. I'm now more confused than ever. Sorry if I'm being dense here.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
But the Kobo Vox came out before the Kindle Fire. I'm now more confused than ever. Sorry if I'm being dense here.
Screen Dimm is an Android app made for the Kindle Fire but works with most Android devices. I think we may be talking about two different things here. This thread is talking about that app on the Fire. So I thought you were asking why it wasn't set at default on your Tablet.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-15-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
I wish the Kindle reader would add a grey page background ( with black text) as the 4th option so we could have a simulated e-ink setup, as we can in Aldiko / Mantano
Which is the exact reason I use Calibre to convert my books to Epub format and read them with Aldiko premium.

also Aldiko has its own built in dimmer adjusted by just sliding your finger vertically along the left side of the page.

Cheers
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
Which is the exact reason I use Calibre to convert my books to Epub format and read them with Aldiko premium.

also Aldiko has its own built in dimmer adjusted by just sliding your finger vertically along the left side of the page.

Cheers
I prefer Mantano it also has it's own dimmer. It reads style sheets more correctly than Aldiko.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #26
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Screen Dimm is an Android app made for the Kindle Fire but works with most Android devices. I think we may be talking about two different things here. This thread is talking about that app on the Fire. So I thought you were asking why it wasn't set at default on your Tablet.
Thanks Blossom-I bought it for my Fire, and my Galaxy Tab. My husband doesn't mind the reading, but the bright screen when I am playing Angry Birds does bother him.
Sydney's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #27
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I prefer Mantano it also has it's own dimmer. It reads ....

HI just curious but can Mantano Put your black text on a Medium gray background?

This option on Alkido comes as close to emulation E-ink as I have ever seen on a backlit screen.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
HI just curious but can Mantano Put your black text on a Medium gray background?

This option on Alkido comes as close to emulation E-ink as I have ever seen on a backlit screen.
That and more. It's the best epub app out there. Give it a test spin. There is a free version.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #29
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT

Quote:
That and more. It's the best epub app out there. Give it a test spin. There is a free version.

Hi ok I took a look at Mantano and ..Mehhh I will stay with Alkido Premium

I honestly Dont need all of that "quotes and annotations with friends, revise your lessons, prepare reports, make bibliographical research....", Bloat

I am only interested in reading/consuming books (Sci-fi )
I also dont care much for the Mantano interface

Any other content creation/productivity type work on My kindle fire would be of an artistic nature using AutoDesk Sketch book pro
But thanks anyway

Cheers
Old 02-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Hi ok I took a look at Mantano and ..Mehhh I will stay with Alkido Premium

I honestly Dont need all of that "quotes and annotations with friends, revise your lessons, prepare reports, make bibliographical research....", Bloat

I am only interested in reading/consuming books (Sci-fi )
I also dont care much for the Mantano interface

Any other content creation/productivity type work on My kindle fire would be of an artistic nature using AutoDesk Sketch book pro
But thanks anyway

Cheers
My problem with Aldiko is doesn't read external style sheets correctly so you lose formatting especially Calibre converted books.