Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #16
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertolt View Post
The only word I have not known the meaning of in the last month has been "Golem". I don't think that would be in the dictionary!
Why not? It's in my kindle dictionary.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #17
cHex
Zealot
cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
You've done a lot of work comparing formats and devices, and find it very hard to decide which to buy.

As you've illustrated, there is no "best" eReader. It is the person using the eReader that gives value to the eReader. If the person prefers ePub over Mobi, then the Kobo is better than the Kindle; if he prefers a physical keyboard over a soft one, then the Kindle Keyboard is better than the Kindle 4; if he prefers eInk over color, then the Nook Simple Touch is better than the Nook Color; if he prefers a big screen, then the iPad2 is better than the Palm TX. What else does he prefer? Battery life? Buying eBooks in Australia? 3G access? Book capacity? Etc.

So, if it's hard for you to decide, try not to worry about making the wrong decision; instead, think how hard it will be to make any wrong decision at all! You can read any eBook you acquire on any of the eReaders out there (though some might need massaging with Calibre), so buy the one you like best, or just buy the cheapest you can find. In the US, you can try out most of the leading models by stopping by 2-3 stores.

Then don't look back.
cHex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #18
Talos2
Talos2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacitadelle View Post
A couple of things that could be better on the Kobo 1) It would be very nice to remove the book adverts that appear on the bottom of the home screen - I understand that they appeared last month with a firmware update, and 2) it would be nice to have a reliable browser - sometimes the URLs and links work and sometimes they dont; on the other hand, it is very tricky to get at the Kindle browser, and when I did, it broke and adversely affected the reading process for days until the effects wore off.
You can remove the adverts, and then add your own choice from the internal library
Talos2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kobo touch