Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
JayKindle
Connoisseur
JayKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8
Los Angeles Times (eng) needs an update.

I've notice some bullets between the title of the article and the picture of the article. I think this needs to be trimmed out?

At least this is what it seems to appear in my Kindle 3
JayKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
fixed.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
JayKindle
Connoisseur

Hey thanks! Where can we get the update version?
Old 09-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Its updated automatically. Just run the fetch news again
Old 09-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
JayKindle
Connoisseur

Thanks!

Darn it! I should have kept the old version, so I can see for myself what was changed. I've read a lot of pages on how codes are added, but I wish those tutes would give examples, so we can see a before and after. Or if you do this, this will change, and if you do it this other way, that will change. Know what I mean.

Right now I am going to try to find a LA Times recipe in my Temp folder (I know the name of the file is changed, but I also know I can view the code in notepad) and I can see what changed from the current recipe. I am really trying to learn this.

Last edited by JayKindle; 09-16-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
JayKindle
Connoisseur

update:

Okay, now I am confused! I found a LA Times recipe in my Temp folder that was generated yesterday. And I compared the new recipe against the old recipe. And they are identical! What am I missing?
Old 09-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you want to see the changes to any file in the calibre source, including recipes, use http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/calibre/trunk/files
Old 09-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #8
JayKindle
Connoisseur

Thanks!

What makes me happy is that I've been looking at this site for examples. Before you told me today, I've been using that! So that tells me, I am on the right path. Hopefully I can learn more as I go...

P.S. every once in a while when I view the recipe directory in that site, my browser crashes or gets very slow. I am using the latest version of Firefox Mozilla.

Last edited by JayKindle; 09-17-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #9
JayKindle
Connoisseur

Update:

I was able to study your old and new revision of this work, and was finally able to figure out what needs to be seen in the HTML in order to write up some of the special code when we want certain things to be omitted from a site. I really appreciate the little you gave me.

Before, in #6 above. I mentioned on how important it would be if you 'guru' guys would be able to make a tutorial that would show examples of what to look for in the HTML code of a site. This way we "newbies" can help ourselves. Now I suck at making these tutorials. Plus I still haven't figured out all the codes to understand how to work out a recipe in full. Hopefully my examples below can inspire a better idea from you.

Here are three pic examples on what I mean. And the site I wish you guys would give examples to is: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/_mod...eeds/news.html

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	remove_tags_after.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	76617   Click image for larger version

Name:	remove_atributes.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	76619   Click image for larger version

Name:	remove_tags.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	76622  

Last edited by JayKindle; 09-17-2011 at 03:30 AM.