Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #31
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Sure, just share some links for my stuff on your site or blog.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #32
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencat View Post
KC - unfortunately it looks like your second tip has gone AWOL.
Here is her tip http://fantasyauthor.blogspot.com/20...ing-tip-2.html

Oops. It's already been posted. Sorry. Reading the thread sequentially.

Last edited by osnova; 12-24-2010 at 01:21 AM.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #33
moondog
Enthusiast
moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Sure, just share some links for my stuff on your site or blog.
Will do Steven.
Cheers!
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #34
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRM View Post
I recommend that too. I don't use a spreadsheet (though maybe I should).

I just type in the name of the blog in the list for that day. After I gone through a dozens and dozens of blogs, I start wondering if the blog I'm about to send is one I've sent to before. Then I can just do a quick search. When I get a positive response, I bold the name of the blog. If I get a negative response, I strike it.

Something I'm about to start doing is is listing the email address I sent to along with the name of the blog. Often, the two have nothing in common. And it can be a chore puzzling out which blog in the list just responded.

-David
I use the labels thing on gmail. I have reviewrs approached, reviewers yes and no and finally, reviewers achieved. It's easy to do and when you want to check you just filter your in-box for whichever group you're looking for.

There's a very good list of reviewers here http://www.simon-royle.com/indie-reviewers/, I'm just working my way methodically through it sending them a free e-book, a free voucher to download the format of their choice from Smashwords or, if they live in the UK, I send them the dead tree. The latest was kind enough to post her review on Amazon.com which was useful as I had no reviews there.

Cheers

MTM

Last edited by M T McGuire; 12-28-2010 at 03:54 PM.
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #35
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's my collection of reviewer lists:

http://www.stepbystepselfpublishing....ewer-list.html
http://karinafabian.com/index.php?name=Content&pid=28
http://thebooksmugglers.com/blogroll
http://www.kindleboards.com/index.ph...c,20049.0.html
http://www.rimworlds.com/thecrotchet...iew-blog-list/

Help yourself. =)

-David
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #36
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Danke, DavidRM!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #37
bobavey
Bob Avey
bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smile

Let me know when you find out.
bobavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:23 AM   #38
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Wow. That's some lists. Thanks very much.
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #39
Vonta
Vonta began at the beginning.

I've heard people say give a sample of your work away; but I'm already learning I'm not a fan of that. People seem to suck up the freebies and not give back (a review would do nice; good-bad or ugly). I'm going to say what I'm learning is you always find out what doesn't work first before finding what does work. Check out the interview that Smashwords founder did with Brian Pratt... Great pointers... http://blog.smashwords.com/2010/12/s...t-to-earn.html
Vonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #40
bobavey
Bob Avey
bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah. What everyone else said. And good luck.
bobavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #41
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Yeah, I too, sadly enough, am finding that freebies just don't work, which really kinda sucks. I would have hoped for so much more from giving away a freebie. But you're right, people seem to be leaches with free stuff. Then again, after hanging out with other reporters and press people, that much should be painfully obvious.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #42
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
David, fantastic list, thanks. Steve Lake, I think you're right, I've given away quite a few shorts and had stacks of downloads, very few of those have become readers though. I'm giving it one last punt, an event from the back story of my novel written up as a free short, if they like it, then they might buy the novel. I am beginning to think that the old Seth Godin thing about personal recommendation is probably right. People love my book, they'll tell their friends and it will take a while but... the trick is to make sure the book is good! ;-) And the next one.

Cheers

MTM
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #43
Vonta
Vonta began at the beginning.

OMG if you are on Amazon and are looking for ways to promote, I just found out about Author Central. This looks really useful. You can even upload videos!

https://authorcentral.amazon.com/gp/home

hope this helps...

Last edited by Vonta; 01-02-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Vonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #44
sportourer1
Writer
sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sportourer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem with author central is one that I cannot seem to overcome as there is another writer with my name. That said maybe that will cause people to stumble over my work whilst they are looking for a cook book.
sportourer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #45
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur
Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a relatively new feature from the Kindleboard forum site. Authors can create a page devoted exclusively to each of their books, complete with links to amazon us and uk, book trailer, samples, reviews, etc.

I've only got one book. If you'd like to check out my sample page, here's the link.

http://www.kindleboards.com/book/?asin=B003MNH7JY
Music&Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote