Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #676
Scullion
Scullion is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
Boswell's Life Of Johnson

I was a bit surprised not to find this already available here, it should be posted soon.
Scullion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #677
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I looked at it recently, but was put off by the mammoth task of linking the literally thousands of footnotes. Good on you for doing it!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #678
Scullion
Scullion is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
Maybe I have a different copy to you, Harry; mine is the Gutenburg - Princeton 1917 edition and although there are a good few footnotes there are not thousands – at least I hope not. At all events, looking at them it seems to me these footnotes will be best inserted [in square brackets] into the body of the text as close as possible to the relevant passage. Boswell’s text is fairly fragmented anyway and I think that, for example, “The book * cannot, I think, be printed . . .” Can comfortably become “The book ['His Dictionary' - Warton] cannot, I think, be printed. . .” and so on.

The greatest test of my patience has been the massive number of words printed in Caps. I have attempted to make the text more reader friendly by reducing these to lower case italic where the sense called for it, or proper case or both, as the case may be . . . I hope this stratagem will maintain the feel of Boswell’s text whilst modernising it. Naturally, the spelling remains unchanged.
Scullion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #679
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayspooled View Post
I bet you'd like Charlotte Lennox's Arabella
Thanks for the tip wayspooled; I'll keep an eye out for it.

Just started on "The Autobiography and Letters of Mrs. M.O.W. Oliphant" Mrs. Harry Coghill (ed.).

Update: Completed.

Last edited by Sparrow; 10-04-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:54 AM   #680
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scullion View Post
Maybe I have a different copy to you, Harry; mine is the Gutenburg - Princeton 1917 edition and although there are a good few footnotes there are not thousands –
I was referring to the complete book (the one in 6 volumes), not the abridged version that you've processed . The complete one has hundreds of footnotes in each of the 6 volumes.
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #681
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

New version of Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities"

Uploaded a new, thoroughly-proofed, edition of Charles Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities". This book should now be in a pretty good state, so please do let me know if you find any remaining errors in it.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #682
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

New version of "David Copperfield", by Charles Dickens

Uploaded a new version of "David Copperfield", by Charles Dickens, the semi-autobiographical novel which was Dickens' personal favourite. This edition has been thoroughly proof-read against the "Oxford Illustrated Dickens", and many hundreds of errors corrected - textual errors, incorrect paragraph breaks, missing italics and accented letters, and much more.

The book is now in a pretty good state. If you find any remaining errors, please let me know!

Uploaded in LRF, Mobipocket, and ePub formats.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:41 AM   #683
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

New version of "Hard Times", by Charles Dickens

I have just uploaded, in Sony, MobiPocket, and ePub formats, a new, fully proof-read, edition of "Hard Times" by Charles Dickens. This new edition, proofed against the "Oxford Illustrated Dickens" edition, corrects numerous errors, incorrect paragraph breaks, and adds back all the formatting (italics, etc) missing from previous versions.

The book is now in a pretty good state; if you do find any remaining errors, please let me know so that they can be corrected.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #684
richough3
Enthusiast
richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The thing I have yet to do with Little Women is to italicize certain words. It seems to be used mostly to enunciate a word or emphasize a foreign word but I have found it readable as it is because the italicizations seem to be placed oddly at times. Otherwise, I'm looking to complete Little Men and Jo's Boys and post them separately and as a set.
richough3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #685
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm starting to hack away at "The Thirty Six Dramatic Situations" by Georges Polti. I found a PD copy. Good reference tool for writers.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #686
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Is T S Eliot's "Murder in the Cathedral" available in public domain yet? I can't find it, so maybe not.

I *have* a paper copy, but that would require going through the books in my garage..... Maybe that's what is called for!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #687
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm afraid not, badgoodDeb. Eliot died in 1965.
So his pre-1923 works are public domain in the US. But everything else is in copyright, both in the US and in Canada (--which is where the MR servers live).

Murder in the Cathedral was first published in 1935.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #688
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ah, thanks. I was only counting from 1935 -- forgot that his death date played into it too. I'll go look for my existing paper copy.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #689
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I work on a Murray Leinster eBook. I will put together his novellas The Fifth Dimension Catapult (already available in the Astounding Stories Jan 31 ePub upload) and The Fifth Dimension Tube in one book, as they arguably belong together.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #690
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Mary Elizabeth Braddon 'The Trail of the Serpent'

This text is not currently available on Gutenberg; or any where else (as far as I can see) other than the Internet Archive PDFs, and their related unproofed etexts.

I'm thinking I'll just post this up as an HTML file, that way people can do what they like it with it.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote