Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sony PRS-600 Reader Touch Edition + Cover - Lowered Price - SOLD

Sony 600 including everything that came with original package - reader, usb cable, sleeve, guide, and box. I'm also including the Sony cover, which retails for $30.

I'm asking $150 plus $6 shipping to continental US. Willing to ship internationally, and we can work out the details. I have a Paypal Personal account, so I can accept payment through that.

The only imperfection is a small spot on the screen; I tried wiping this off with a cloth, but no luck. Maybe other methods would work, but it never bothered me enough to look into this. You'd only notice it if looking at the screen with the power off. When actually reading, I never notice it. In fact, I only noticed it when I was taking pics (with the reader turned off) after I had decided to sell the reader.

Here are some pics:
1. Really close up, macro setting on camera (the speck is not this large in real life - more on that below):

2. Screen with text - the spot is on the lower left part of the 'h' in the word 'which' in the third paragraph, third line, after '53'.

The image server seems to be downgrading the pic quality, so if you PM me, I'll send the unaltered pic, but bottom line is you can't see the spot - it's too small. In person, you would have to really look to find it on the screen with text on it. And if you're reading, you won't notice it.

Last edited by flyash; 06-30-2010 at 01:14 PM.
flyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bump - lowered price to $160.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
See if the "speck" appears white when it's over black, would you? If so, it's inverted. My first unit had that defect and I found it incredibly distracting, mostly because I knew it was there.
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
flyash
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorino View Post
See if the "speck" appears white when it's over black, would you? If so, it's inverted. My first unit had that defect and I found it incredibly distracting, mostly because I knew it was there.
No, the speck is black even when over black. It's not in the e-ink layer, it's on the top screen - if I look at the screen from the side, the speck moves relative to the e-ink layer. And I don't recall seeing this up until a few days ago, so I got something on it. I guess I could look into figuring out what would get rid of it without harming the screen, but like I said earlier, it's so tiny, I don't notice it when I'm reading.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
flyash
Groupie

Bump - lowered price to $150.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
I'm betting you might be able to open the device up, and just take it off. Little speck of dust, probably. Gets stuck in during manufacturing, often.
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
flyash
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorino View Post
I'm betting you might be able to open the device up, and just take it off. Little speck of dust, probably. Gets stuck in during manufacturing, often.
Hmmm, if it's not too difficult, I might give this a try - is there a guide on how to do this?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:55 AM   #8
James2010
James2010 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
Hi, I'm really interested with the offer. Do you ship to the Netherlands?

Last edited by James2010; 06-28-2010 at 02:13 AM.
James2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:17 AM   #9
flyash
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2010 View Post
Hi, I'm really interested with the offer. Do you ship to the Netherlands?
Sure, I don't see why not. Do you know what the easiest way to ship there would be? And are you familiar with any import duties or restrictions you would face (though perhaps none considering this is a used good, in a non-commercial transaction?)?
Old 06-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #10
James2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyash View Post
Sure, I don't see why not. Do you know what the easiest way to ship there would be? And are you familiar with any import duties or restrictions you would face (though perhaps none considering this is a used good, in a non-commercial transaction?)?
Hmm.. I don't really know. Let me find info on this. If you know something, please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:53 AM   #11
James2010

Do you think USPS PRiority or First Class could work?
Old 06-28-2010, 06:35 AM   #12
flyash
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2010 View Post
Do you think USPS PRiority or First Class could work?
USPS First Class International should work - I just checked on the USPS.gov, and it looks like for the size of the package we are concerned with, it should be $17. If you're really interested, I can package it up and take it over to my local post office and get a confirmation.

I don't know how the Netherlands would handle the package - would they open it up to inspect contents (I'm guessing USPS will require me to make some declaration about the contents and their value), and would they assess you with an import duty? Again, because we are talking about used goods in a non-commercial transaction, perhaps none of this applies.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #13
flyash
Groupie

I should add that $17 is probably the upper limit, and based on a package of 36" linear inches (sum of each dimension - height, width, length of package). Since I can package the Reader box in a substantially smaller box, it may be a few bucks cheaper than $17. As I mentioned in the last post, I can take it over to the local post office and get an exact price.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #14
James2010

OK. Thank you for the info. I'll try first to find info about other fees, if there's any, before go further. I need to find the total costs to prevent overbudget. Hope you'd understand.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #15
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
James,

Just check with your local customs office, and I'm sure they'll be able to inform you about what charges you'd have to pay. Alternatively, you could also check with some courier company in your area. Since they're importing and exporting shipments all the time, they'll definitely know about such things.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote