Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How Calibre sync enews with Nook?

Thanks for a very powerful Calibre.

I recently got my Nook which I usually use it to ready enews fetched by Calibre. I like the way Calibre recognizing Nook and automatically upload enews to it.

I just want to be certain that this is how Calibre sync with Nook.

Calibre will always replace the whole news subdirectory in Nook? or it really "sync" with my Nook?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:25 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll try to answer. Calibre doesn't replace anything (or remove anything, unless you tell it to) on your reader. The only thing it does is upload any news files that aren't already on your reader onto it. It doesn't sync or anything.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
It will not delete the news directory. At this point it just adds the new items to it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your replies.

The other night I remember deleting all my old daily news files from my Nook, leave the weekly news files (Businessweek, Times, etc). Then I deleted all news items from my Calibre (including my weekly news items), fetched a newer version of daily news. After plugging and uploading to my Nook, all my weekly news files on my Nook are gone.

So it's like Calibre don't care what news files you are already in your Nook, it will delete them before uploading whatever you have in Calibre.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
So it's like Calibre don't care what news files you are already in your Nook, it will delete them before uploading whatever you have in Calibre.
No, what user_none said (and I suspected) is that Calibre doesn't delete anything from your device. It just uploads the new stuff and leaves the old stuff be.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
bthoven
Evangelist

Sorry, you are right. I've just tested again. Calibre won't delete anything on my Nook. That's great.