Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2016, 07:06 PM   #1066
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
Most of the digital books I have are in epub and I used to convert them into azw3 before I got KOreader. All the books on my kindle are azw3. What I meant by redundant is that it's time consuming and unnecessary to convert my epubs to azw3.

Huge collections files take extremely long to both convert and index.

I now have to decide on two things:

1. Either keep converting things to azw3

2. Or move entire library back to epub, which will spare having to switch the programs to read between different formats, especially pdfs.
Which is faster, switching when need be or converting everything?

Or you could do my personal preference Delete All and just start over.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:40 PM   #1067
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
Most of the digital books I have are in epub and I used to convert them into azw3 before I got KOreader. All the books on my kindle are azw3. What I meant by redundant is that it's time consuming and unnecessary to convert my epubs to azw3.

I now have to decide on two things:

1. Either keep converting things to azw3

2. Or move entire library back to epub, which will spare having to switch the programs to read between different formats, especially pdfs.
not quite - by your description above anyway.

Quote:
There is one statement for using only the default reader.
Only the default reader uses Kindle Collections.

Quote:
Either keep converting things to azw3
Another statement for using only the default reader.

Quote:
or move entire library back to epub ... to avoid switching programs ...
Only significant if you DO NOT install KPVbooklet which will start the desired reader when the book is selected, saving you at least two clicks per document.

Which is only relevant if you are a member of the "Instant Gratification Generation" where the two clicks extends the time required to read War an Peace a significant amount of time.

If you are a very serious member of the IGG -
You should get an audio book reader and play it at double or triple speed.

And with a little web searching, you can probable find how to have another birthday every 10 months.
Saving you untold amounts of time.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:29 AM   #1068
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
KOReader: a document reader for PDF, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ... (GPLv3)

Hello.

The contrast is very weak (the text is very light grey) when using KOReader to display on my Voyage a MOBI (as compared to the default reader) and an EPUB (rendered equally pale).

I tried both the stable and the nightly versions. Should I fine-tune some settings for Voyage?

Thank you. I appreciate any help.

Later edit: there are two settings in default.lua w.r.t. rendering and contrast. These appear to solve this issue. But I am not sure this is the correct solution.

More to check:

- How to make use of the page up/down buttons? I know at some point there were issues with this.

- How not to ignore page breaks in mobi files? None of the css files process the page breaks.

Last edited by hfpop; 10-09-2016 at 12:23 PM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #1069
macsek
eReader fan
macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Currently using Kindle PaperWhite 4 /32. Also have a Kobo Aura One
Red face Thanks

Thank you very much for the KOReader for kindle.
I can now read PDF files quicker on my PW2 than my Kobo Aura H2O displays epub files.
  • with text reflow
  • with working highlight
  • with dictionary support
amazing...

macsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #1070
Dexmaster
Connoisseur
Dexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle PW5 (11th gen, 6.8in)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsek View Post
Thank you very much for the KOReader for kindle.
Thank you guys, I love your work too!

Macsek, pst... Kobo is supported too, check releases on github
Dexmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:15 PM   #1071
Bryanhoop
Bryanhoop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Hello.

The contrast is very weak (the text is very light grey) when using KOReader to display on my Voyage a MOBI (as compared to the default reader) and an EPUB (rendered equally pale).

I tried both the stable and the nightly versions. Should I fine-tune some settings for Voyage?

Thank you. I appreciate any help.

Later edit: there are two settings in default.lua w.r.t. rendering and contrast. These appear to solve this issue. But I am not sure this is the correct solution.

More to check:

- How to make use of the page up/down buttons? I know at some point there were issues with this.

- How not to ignore page breaks in mobi files? None of the css files process the page breaks.
I have had good results using the default bookerly font.

http://www.newswirl.com/bookerly-font-download/
Bryanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #1072
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS -500, Sony PRS505, Kindle3, Kindle DXG, Prestigio
I can not open DJVU file
Quote:
there isnt djvu engine
what should i do? can somebody help me?
is there any plugin for it? how can i instal it ?

I use android
misojogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #1073
JosephWebber
Enthusiast
JosephWebber began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW, PW3, Nook HD+
Kindle PW3 jailbreaking

A long time ago I installed KOReader on my Kindle PW1 and it has worked fine ever since.
I now want to install it on my PW3 which is on 5.8.1. However, the instructions are confusing to me (my processing power is lower than the Kindle's) and I do not want to brick it.
Could someone please explain to me in simple terms what I have to do which is different from the PW1 procedure?
Many thanks.
JosephWebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #1074
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:34 AM   #1075
JosephWebber
Enthusiast
JosephWebber began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW, PW3, Nook HD+
If that is the reply to my question, that is not my understanding.
It gets more complicated if firmware is greater than 5.6, and it is that that I want clarified.
JosephWebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #1076
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephWebber View Post
If that is the reply to my question, that is not my understanding.
It gets more complicated if firmware is greater than 5.6, and it is that that I want clarified.
There is no significant change in installing KOreader.

The only change in installing anything is the requiring you to use MrPI to install any Mobileread *.bin package now.
But KOreader does not come in an update_*.bin name format package, so that does not apply to the answer of your question.

The only change since you jail broke your PW-1 is the procedure to jail break the PW-3 running newer firmware.
But you only asked about the changes to installing KOreader, so I only answered about installing KOreader.

If you where (or had intended to) ask about the changes in jail breaking the newer PW-3 running the newer firmware - you are in the wrong thread.

Yes, of course it changed, it almost always does with firmware version changes.
Just follow the steps in the current jail break, exactly, in order, no short cuts of your own, and it will "just work".
Old 03-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #1077
LifeIsGood4
LifeIsGood4 began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
I have an epub file that wont open on my kindle KOreader I also have two epub files that do work/open. The file that wont open does open and work on my desktop epub reader. Any idea what I should be trying to fix this ?
LifeIsGood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:45 PM   #1078
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood4 View Post
I have an epub file that wont open on my kindle KOreader I also have two epub files that do work/open. The file that wont open does open and work on my desktop epub reader. Any idea what I should be trying to fix this ?
Stop trying to read it on your Kindle.

Seriously, I have not heard of that problem here, try the KOreader forum.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:21 AM   #1079
salamon
salamon began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
I recently jailbroke my kindle KT3W, and followed all the instructions to install koreader. I can now find koreader in the kual menu, but clicking on the buttons only brings me to the home menu. Clicking on "Start the file manager" or "open last document" (no framework) restarts my device and brings me to the home page. I cannot open pdf files or epub files, either through the main menu or through koreader.

I followed https://www.ereader-palace.com/4-mus...eaking-kindle/ to install koreader, after I had downloaded kual. It seems to be the same instructions as github, but a couple commenters there had the same issue I had (pdf page goes blank-> back to home menu). Does anyone know how to fix this?
salamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:38 AM   #1080
knc1
Going Viral

Sorry, we have a big enough job just supporting our own directions.
If you follow directions from some other site, ask them your questions about the directions.

Here is the key information:
Quote:
I recently jailbroke my kindle KT3W ...
Quote:
I followed https://www.ereader-palace.com/4-mus...eaking-kindle/ to install koreader, after I had downloaded kual.
If you had been following our directions, KUAL would have been installed before you completed the steps involved in installing the jail break.

You really need to ask the people who posted the directions you followed.
That is the only way they will know their directions have problems.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch