Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
Guillermo1978
Guillermo1978 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Unhappy Kobo touch screen in "Restarting"

Hello!

I have some issues with my white kobo touch.

It was connected to PC, loading ebooks from PC. Then, after unplugging it, the screen got frozen, showing "Restarting" in many languages and showing a big "check". The upper led turned"blue". Since that, it became frozen.

Hope you can help me (I apologize for my english). Thanks!
Guillermo1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #2
Mallano
Mallano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have the same problem, please somebody can help us!
Mallano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What have you tried? The first thing is push something in the pin-hole at the back. That should do a restart. If that doesn't do anything, hold the power switch in the off position for about 20 seconds. And then try turning it on. You might also need to plug it in to charge for a while. A lot of the apparent freezes are the device in a loop and that will continue using power until it runs out.

If the above doesn't do anything, then you need to try a factory reset using the buttons.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote