Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You _may_ have a virus. I had a strange one that only affected my google search in Firefox...redirecting my links to other sites, something like that might be going on.

Microsoft Security Essentials was the only thing I found (after trying several) that found and removed it. At as far as I can tell...I've not had the problem since running it and it did find a few things.
My mother had this virus on her PC. It kept redirecting her to other websites for advertising revenue. Anti-virus software found it but couldn't remove
all files so it kept reinstalling. I eventually had to boot Linux to delete it in the Windows directory and the registry. Thankfully, there was a Youtube video detailing instructions.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #17
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Thanks everyone.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:58 AM   #18
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
It's happening to me to - was fine yesterday. I'm using Chrome as well.

I'll reboot and hopefully it will fix it. 2 sites in two days not working in Chrome, what's up with that google?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
It's happening to me to - was fine yesterday. I'm using Chrome as well.

I'll reboot and hopefully it will fix it. 2 sites in two days not working in Chrome, what's up with that google?
It happens alot in Chrome for me. I just usually refresh the page and it finally loads. I can't even get Chrome to launch on my hubby's laptop. It was working fine then one day it stopped. I'm a Firefox user but I do use Chrome now and then.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #20
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I use Chrome pretty much exclusively now. I've found that I need to clear the cache regularly, or I get a lot of odd errors and web pages that won't load. As soon as I clear the cache, the problem goes away.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #21
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I use Chrome pretty much exclusively now. I've found that I need to clear the cache regularly, or I get a lot of odd errors and web pages that won't load. As soon as I clear the cache, the problem goes away.
Thanks, will try this. I've used chrome virtually since it came out but have only recently started having problems.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #22
ALB01
ALB01 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Not me.
ALB01 is offline   Reply With Quote