Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #61
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I guess I lost Oh well.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #62
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Less than 850 to go
825 to go now.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:05 AM   #63
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Members as of now, 10:05 on 28th December, 2011: 149,209

Only 791 to go!

So Nyssa has lost. The question is, how quickly wil the sign-up rate drop back to pre-Christmas levels?

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-28-2011 at 05:10 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #64
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My time zone is set to "(GMT) Western Europe Time, London, Lisbon, Casablance" with "Automatically detect DST settings".
I'm being really dense here, but I can't find where to change my time-zone settings. At the bottom of the Edit Your Details screen it is telling me that my time-zone is GMT+1, and that the time is an hour ahead of the correct time, but I can't see how to change that. Is it possible?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:23 AM   #65
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I'm being really dense here, but I can't find where to change my time-zone settings. At the bottom of the Edit Your Details screen it is telling me that my time-zone is GMT+1, and that the time is an hour ahead of the correct time, but I can't see how to change that. Is it possible?
Orlok, hope this is what you are looking for:

User CP > Edit Options (under Settings and Options)
> Date & Time Options (4th big box down on page)
> Time Zone

There is also a DST correction option there, this may be relevant to your 1 hour variance.

Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #66
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Orlok, hope this is what you are looking for:

User CP > Edit Options (under Settings and Options)
> Date & Time Options (4th big box down on page)
> Time Zone

There is also a DST correction option there, this may be relevant to your 1 hour variance.

Thanks - how did I miss that? All better now .
Old 12-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #67
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
I am going to predict Feb 29, 2012.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #68
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
That gap is closing fast. As of this writing, only 549 members to go.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:46 AM   #69
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Members as of now, 08:46 on 29th December, 2011: 149,495

Only 505 to go!

Hamlet43 has lost.

pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:10 AM   #70
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Based on pdurrant’s updates on the total number of members there has been, on average, 202 new members per day.

At this rate MR will reach 150,000 members in approximately 2 days, or December 31, 2011. What a way to end this year or start a new year.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #71
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
149,574 members, and seven hours left of 29th desember(GMT). I think I'm going to lose
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #72
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I won't. When we get within 25 members of the goal, I'll just start banning everyone who joins between then and January 6th.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #73
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Januari 1, 2012, 1AM in the morning! :-)

I'd say 80% or more of the users are no regulars!
Time for cleaning?

In which case, I'd say 12/2014 (the end of the world or something...) :-)
Agree. I personally count for two members because I lost the password and email access of my original account.

I suggest a more meaningful landmark of active members.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #74
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
It's late in the day to revise the rules.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #75
orlok
Close to the Edit!

And I'm not sure how you would accurately indentify active users. And what constitutes "active"? Once a day, a week, a month, every 6 months...