Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Notifications for Visitor Messages

Hi.

Is there a way to receive email notification when somebody leaves a message in my Visitor Messages area?

Ta!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Hi.

Is there a way to receive email notification when somebody leaves a message in my Visitor Messages area?

Ta!
EDIT you don't have your "visitor message' option clicked..it doesn't show when I click on your name.
Astra, if you look at the top of the page, where it says "welcome astra" you should see a number......IF you have any messages.

At least thats the way it works for me. I'll send you one to make sure....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
EDIT you don't have your "visitor message' option clicked..it doesn't show when I click on your name.
Hmm. I do.
Enable Visitor Messaging - there is a tick next to it.
People leave messages on "my board" and I see a notification next to Welcome, astra. I wonder whether it is possible to get email notification about the message, because I don't know about the message until I visit the forum.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look now.....my error. I forgot the process....just click on the name, go to public profile, then leave message which I just did.

Is there a number above your name now? (Upper right hand corner)
Old 09-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Hmm. I do.
Enable Visitor Messaging - there is a tick next to it.
People leave messages on "my board" and I see a notification next to Welcome, astra. I wonder whether it is possible to get email notification about the message, because I don't know about the message until I visit the forum.
And I completely misread your message the first time. Sorry.........going back to bed now.
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #6
astra
The Introvert

Quote:

Is there a number above your name now? (Upper right hand corner)
Yep
Old 09-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
And I completely misread your message the first time. Sorry.........going back to bed now.
Thanks for trying.
Sweet dreams
Old 09-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
astra,

I know that in the "Edit Opions" section, of the User CP, you can choose to receive e-mail notification for PM. I did not see that option available for VMs.

Was that what you were asking about?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:10 AM   #9
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
astra,

I know that in the "Edit Opions" section, of the User CP, you can choose to receive e-mail notification for PM. I did not see that option available for VMs.

Was that what you were asking about?
No. It is about Visitor Messages.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
E-mail notification for visitor messages is not available by default; technically it wouldn't be too difficult to add. A problem is that spammers sometimes like to use VM to spread their spam, and this could lead to sending out tons of e-mail notifications containing spam. Alternatively, we could check to stop sending out notification mails after informing of the first unread VM notification, similarly to thread notifications. This would add complexity and I cannot promise how long it'd take to realize. But I've added it to the wishlist.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Alternatively, we could check to stop sending out notification mails after informing of the first unread VM notification, similarly to thread notifications. This would add complexity and I cannot promise how long it'd take to realize. But I've added it to the wishlist.
Thanks a ton!