Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #16
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've been tempted in the past to install a larger SD card and this thread is really tempting me again. Because I prefer to keep a limited number of books on my reader, think I'm nearing 1000 books now and that's unusually high for me, I really don't see any benefit for myself. To me the reader isn't slow, so even if the new SD card is faster, I doubt it will impress me much.

But there's always something immensely fun with tinkering with your favorite devices and beefing them up in ways beyond the original. So yeah, I'm probably going to give in to the urge and do it just for the fun of it.

I'm just thrilled that there are replacement batteries as the Glo HD is by far my favorite reader and nothing newer out there surpasses it for me (6" size and infrared being the most important). Since I have 2 backups, I should be able to keep using a Glo HD for a very very long time.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:56 PM   #17
rcodi
Hardware Pedant
rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: InkPalm 5, Kobo Glo HD
Made some minor revisions and updates to a couple sections including my consensus on battery upgrades. For those curious I now have a second "for parts" device now that I can pull apart at will for testing without the inconvenience of messing with my daily reader. Used it to update the disassembly review down to screen removal. Will get around to the Linux guide eventually and plan to do a Mac guide after that when time permits.
rcodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery, glo hd, replacement, sd card, upgrade