Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #721
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Wait... a PW1, after the announcement of the Voyage? Like a 2 yr old device that is WAY out of warranty?

Awesome!!!
I know! I was shocked! It was 11 months out of warranty when I talked with the CS agent. I was honestly just hoping they'd have a deal on a refurb for me, or a small trade-in credit. Apparently my karma was smiling at me!
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #722
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixte View Post
I know! I was shocked! It was 11 months out of warranty when I talked with the CS agent. I was honestly just hoping they'd have a deal on a refurb for me, or a small trade-in credit. Apparently my karma was smiling at me!
Maybe they do that knowing you will use the extra money towards offsetting the price of a Voyage. Bigger profit margi allows for more wiggle room for discounts, everybody happy.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #723
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
I had completely resigned myself to passing on it, because my PW1 was doing the job and I couldn't justify the price to upgrade without a NEED. (And the fact that I hit the 2G cap and am constantly struggling to make space didn't count - I keep a lot of cookbooks on my device and they can eat up storage like nothing else, plus I like to keep read books around 'just in case')

And then a weird miracle happened. The screen of my PW started leaking light in a really strange way - it didn't make it unworkable but distracting enough that I was annoyed and ready to replace. I contact Amazon CS just to see what they'd do (it was out of warranty but less than 2 years old and I was hoping they'd offer me a small credit for an upgrade).

They said they hadn't ever heard of my situation happening before and that they were sorry, but the only thing they could offer was ... a complete refund of my original purchase price!

So now I have the Voyage pre-ordered (although the wait on that has moved into late november!) and will just be using a backup kobo in the meantime. But I never thought I'd be so happy to have my kindle malfuction! (And when the light first started, I was VERY upset because it was the same week my hot water heater broke!)

Anyway, Amazon's customer service is one reason I can't imagine not having a Kindle. This was above and beyond - but they've always been very decent about Kindle problems in the past.

(Compare that with TWO broken Cybooks - does anybody else remember those? - that I basically completely threw away hundreds of dollars on)
That's amazing!! Like you said, one of the reasons to have a Kindle. They stand by their products and then some!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #724
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Maybe they do that knowing you will use the extra money towards offsetting the price of a Voyage. Bigger profit margi allows for more wiggle room for discounts, everybody happy.
Not to mention I am an 'at least 2 books a week' reader ... so keeping me hooked on their devices pays off
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #725
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Not to mention I am an 'at least 2 books a week' reader ... so keeping me hooked on their devices pays off
Exactly - our big investment is in the books, not the reader. I'm finally realizing that even the $2 sale books add up, if I buy several a week.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2014, 11:02 PM   #726
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Exactly - our big investment is in the books, not the reader. I'm finally realizing that even the $2 sale books add up, if I buy several a week.
Same here, and then the additional 2-5 if there is a reduced price audiobook option.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote