Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #1
rl77
rl77 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone
Question Calibre Content Server - change port - Windows Firewall Settings

Hi All,
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I couldn't find the information I needed in the search.

I am running the Calibre Content server on my PC - running Windows 8.1 64 bit - for my LAN. Because port 8080 is already used, I had to switch it.

I have run into trouble with the Windows Firewall and am wondering if any one has an answer. I looked at the documentation and other threads and gather the program I should be allowing through is calibre-server.exe. However, that did not work. I also checked the bonjour protocol - basically making sure it was allowed inbound, for the port I needed, but that also did not work.

I was able to get the firewall to work by punching a big hole on the port number I specified, but am curious - what program(s) should I be allowing to specify just the calibre content server? It seems that running 8080 is no trouble for the Windows Firewall, so are other changes needed when the port it changed? Thanks!
rl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are running the server from withing the main calibre program you need to allow calibre.exe not calibre-server.exe
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
rl77
rl77 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone
Hi Kovid,
Thanks! - I should have thought about that - Calibre had outbound permissions - I did forget to check inbound
rl77 is offline   Reply With Quote