Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
Matak
Matak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Problem with transfer metadata series to another PC

Hello,

i created ebook with metadata series and series index and i send it to my friend. But when he open this book on his Calibre, he doesn’t see series. Only Author and Title.

Any advice?

Thank you.
Matak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matak View Post
Hello,

i created ebook with metadata series and series index and i send it to my friend. But when he open this book on his Calibre, he doesn’t see series. Only Author and Title.

Any advice?

Thank you.
Somehow you need to update the book itself.
Using any of the below does:
Send to Disk
Save to Folder
(Calibres) Connect/share Mail to <person>

If you COPY it out of the Library folder it is still as it was until you use:
Polish
Modify EPUB

to update the Jacket metadata
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
Matak

Sorry, i think this is some misunderestanding.
I created book in format azw3 and i think, that this file has filled metadata Author, Title Stale and Series and Series Index.
So if i send this file to another PC, is any way to see these metadata on another Calibre?
Some settings on preferences?

Thanks

Martin Bilek
Old 01-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matak View Post
Sorry, i think this is some misunderestanding.
I created book in format azw3 and i think, that this file has filled metadata Author, Title Stale and Series and Series Index.
So if i send this file to another PC, is any way to see these metadata on another Calibre?
Some settings on preferences?

Thanks

Martin Bilek
I think you are not understanding the sequence:

Books with metatadata are not automatically updated once they are in the Library

Add EPUB to Library
Convert to AZW3
Add Series information into Calibre

Both EPUB and AZW3 formats in the library DO NOT contain the series info because they existed before the info

Add EPUB to Library
Add Series information into Calibre
Convert to AZW3

This case, the AZW3 should contain the series, but the EPUB will not because it existed beforehand
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #5
Matak

I am not using epub. I take RFT file, filling metadata - autor, title, style, sometimes series and series index and load cover. After that I convert to azw3.
So I suppose that final azw3 file contein metadata and if i send this file to another PC, Calibre on this PC can get these metadata to libraly. But it is not working.
Calibre on another PC fill just Title, Author and Style. Not series and series index.
Maybe AZW3 file doesnot contein metadata series and series index. Or it does?
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
No formats support series info, because it isn't part of the Dublin Core specifications.

Save to disk and then import to calibre on the other computer using the second option under the Add Books dropdown.

This will add the metadata saved in the metadata files (title - authors.opf) that were saved with the books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-add-books.png
Views:	180
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	118124  
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote