Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
blakdart
blakdart began at the beginning.

Device: non
I can't acess my server through firefox

Hello, I'm wondering if you guys could walk me through getting a server up and going?

I opened the port to :8080
&
I'm using my external IP address.

Yet I still can't connect to my server
blakdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdart View Post
Hello, I'm wondering if you guys could walk me through getting a server up and going?

I opened the port to :8080
&
I'm using my external IP address.

Yet I still can't connect to my server
Does it work from inside your LAN using the Machins IP (not 127.0.0.1 AKA Localhost)?

There are 2 things that should be done:

1) The content server PC needs a STATIC IP, either by reservation on the DHCP server (I recommend) or by fixed assignment on the PC

2) Set up port forwarding on your router to forward port (in this case: 8080) requests o the IP that you assigned.

How 2 forward ports on your model router is outside of this groups mandate
You might start here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding and follow your mouse to your routers models tips
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert