Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 12-18-2017, 06:21 AM   #1036
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I am just wrapping up a series of Grimm's tales, illustrated by Arthur Rackham. Rather discouraged, though --- the third and last in the sequence, Little Brother and Little Sister & Others, only seems to be available as a collection of smallish unhappy JPEG images at University of Florida Digital Collection. So I have been googling madly for better images, and only moderately successful.

Also simultaneously working on Rackham's illustrated selected tales of Hans Andersen. Illustrations for this one are even sadder.

I thoroughly applaud the vision of the book scanners, trying to preserve all these old books, but where is their respect for the ILLUSTRATIONS??? !!!
I ask you, what is the world coming to?
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:42 AM   #1037
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Pierangelo Boog has 45 posts with scans of Rackham's illustrations on his blog. Perhaps he also has what you are looking for:

https://pierangelo-boog.blogspot.de/...thur%20Rackham
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #1038
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, thank you! I haven't looked yet for the grimm's pics, but I tried his site a month ago or more, and it was unavailable. I thought he had shut it down. I am going to snag anything I might want in future right quick, before it disappears again.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:51 AM   #1039
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

He's usually available without a problem, but he changed his web address a while back and doesn't have a proper redirect in place, I think. I had to do a web search to find his blog again.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:41 AM   #1040
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

I am beginning some of the Dr. Dolittle children's books, by Hugh Lofting. Hopefully I will be able to find nice clean transcriptions and nice clean illustrations. Archive.org only has a few scans, so images could be challenging. We shall see...
Advert
Old 04-06-2018, 03:45 AM   #1041
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Whew! Only three left in the series of ten Doctor Dolittle books. I had no idea they would take so long! Of course, since I never read these as a child, I have to read them first for pleasure, then for proofing. That slows me down
Old 05-07-2018, 03:53 AM   #1042
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

I have just begun a really LARGE book, which will probably wear out my mouse fingers and the last shreds of my proof-reading patience.

For fans of Victorian horror, adventure, and penny dreadfuls, I am doing the 1850 *expanded* version of Sweeney Todd, entitled The String of Pearls (The Barber of Fleet Street. A Domestic Romance). It is over 730 print pages, with 90+ illustrations, so this could take a bit.

Wish me luck!
Old 05-07-2018, 04:32 AM   #1043
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

^Good luck!

I don't usually announce what I'm working on, because it creates pressure somehow. But I'll try if this has changed.

Almost finished: an omnibus with the complete works of Mathilde Blind, an unjustly almost forgotten late Victorian feminist poet and critic, friends with, and praised by, the likes of Ford Madox Brown and Swinburne.

Just being sidetracked by: Hadrian the Seventh by Frederick Rolfe, which was requested in the request thread. An intriguing, weird novel. Most Guardian commentators thought it was outrageous of Robert McCrum to include it in his list of 100 best novels written in English.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...rederick-rolfe
Old 05-07-2018, 05:47 AM   #1044
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Hadrian does sound intriguing, but I hope the Greek phrases won't be essential to understanding the text!
Old 05-07-2018, 06:03 AM   #1045
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

They won't, but I guess they will add to the fun. And I've just run into a bit in Welsh, too, which is quite funny if you understand it - so translations will have to be provided, I'm afraid...
Old 06-27-2018, 05:54 AM   #1046
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

I am starting an omnibus of a series of books by horror writer Arthur Machen (The Great God Pan).

I only found a few scans, but did find lots of transcripts. And my, they are a mixed bag of British and American spelling. (Some of them use both kinds within the same book!)

I suppose it's one way to keep me off the streets at night...

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 06-27-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:44 AM   #1047
litemotif
Enthusiast
litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook; Mini, H2O; Voyage, Oasis 2; Galaxy Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I suppose it's one way to keep me off the streets at night...
Well, I certainly hope so! I was beginning to worry about you.

(Thanks for the last two e-books, by the way.)
litemotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:10 AM   #1048
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I guess it's not finished, there's still Tales from the Arabic (3 volumes) and Alaeddin and the Enchanted Lamp. Let the fun continue!
Now the transcription to Wikisource is complete:

The Book of the Thousand Nights and One Night
Tales from the Arabic
Alaeddin and the Enchanted Lamp; Zein ul Asnam and the King of the Jinn

I'm about 50% into proofreading the first set, the last two haven't been converted to epub yet, but it shouldn't take long. It's proofreading that's slowest.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:17 AM   #1049
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

I am taking a public plunge here, so I *must* commit to finishing --- I am going to start a collection of the writings of Susan Glaspell, whose work will be coming into the "70+" public domain on 01 January.

Since I am in a "50+" country, I can start with a clear conscience. I figure if I start now, I might actually be close to finishing sometime in the first quarter of 2019.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:33 AM   #1050
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Well, sadly, I will have to forego a "complete" collection of Glaspell. Too many of her works are simply not available online, and I am not situated to obtain paper copies. So I will have to simply do individual books as I find them.
Ah, well.

Meanwhile, still poking away at various Victorian gothic writers. It is most intriguing that every author I work on is cited *somewhere* as being one of the "premier" ghost story writers of the era, but so many are forgotten today... (they couldn't ALL have been so very premier!)