Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #106
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpodacus View Post
A bug appeared with this new update: While reading a book or an article, when I tap on the middle of the screen (in order to show the sidebars), my ebook freezes, the led blinks, and the ebook reboots. This means I cannot resume my reading without going to the end of the book or forcing a crash of the ebook. It has a 100% reproduction rate. I reinitialised my ebook, it worked great again, until I was asked and installed again the new firmware (4.9.11311). I am on a Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2, I don't know if anyone else has this same bug appearing.
If the ebook causing the problem is not copyrighted, can you upload a copy here. Otherwise, check the ScrambleBook plugin for calibre and upload the scrambled version.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:46 AM   #107
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
I've been having some nasty battery issues on my Aura One since installing this firmware. Yesterday at 5PM I charged the device to 100%, then left it on sleep and went out. When I got back at 11PM it had drained to 1%. I keep my backlight at zero and I keep my wifi off. I hope I find a fix for this!
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:45 PM   #108
carpodacus
carpodacus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
New Bug on Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If the ebook causing the problem is not copyrighted, can you upload a copy here. Otherwise, check the ScrambleBook plugin for calibre and upload the scrambled version.
It's not linked to a specific book. This bug happens for whatever loaded .pdf or Pocket article I am reading.
carpodacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #109
jupiterstar
jupiterstar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpodacus View Post
It's not linked to a specific book. This bug happens for whatever loaded .pdf or Pocket article I am reading.
Yep, same problem with Pocket with my Aura One LE on 4.9.11311 (I don't have PDFs).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...04&postcount=9
jupiterstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:05 PM   #110
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braid View Post
I've been having some nasty battery issues on my Aura One since installing this firmware. Yesterday at 5PM I charged the device to 100%, then left it on sleep and went out. When I got back at 11PM it had drained to 1%. I keep my backlight at zero and I keep my wifi off. I hope I find a fix for this!
Seriously, just try a reboot. I had the same problem and, after restarting my Aura One, it reverted to 99% from 1%!
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #111
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
Seriously, just try a reboot. I had the same problem and, after restarting my Aura One, it reverted to 99% from 1%!
How do you do a restart on the Aura One?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #112
Lusephur
Connoisseur
Lusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
How do you do a restart on the Aura One?
long press onthe power button, turns the device off followed by a long press again on the power button turns the device on. Voila, a reboot/restart.
Lusephur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:06 PM   #113
prolificreader
prolificreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Aura One: Firmware Update (v4.9.11311) causing battery drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braid View Post
My Aura One too has been plagued with massive inexplicable battery drains after the most recent firmware update (v4.9.11311). Hard reboots (as suggested elsewhere in this thread) didn't seem to make any immediate difference, but the unit seems to have recovered on its own through continued usage.

Last edited by prolificreader; 09-06-2018 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Problem 'magically' disappeared through a combination of hard reboots and continued usage
prolificreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:36 AM   #114
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
sort by recent

I updated recently to 4.9.11311. Since then transferring books from Calibre to either the One or Clara seems to work differently: unopened books appear in order of day loaded in Calibre instead of day loaded in the reader as before, which I find annoying when I load a number of books at a time. It does it whether in the book list or in a collection.

EDIT: I also find that Clara's tactile screen is less responsive, and fairly often I have to put it to sleep and wake it up again. It is less obvious on the One.

Last edited by anacreon; 09-01-2018 at 04:40 AM.
anacreon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:32 AM   #115
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I updated recently to 4.9.11311. Since then transferring books from Calibre to either the One or Clara seems to work differently: unopened books appear in order of day loaded in Calibre instead of day loaded in the reader as before, which I find annoying when I load a number of books at a time. It does it whether in the book list or in a collection.
That isn't what I saw with 4.9.11311, or for that matter, with any other firmware version. And, I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. There are two dates used for sorting. One is populated with the date when the book was first seen by the device, the other is set when you open the book and changed as you read it. I'm very sure that the device doesn't look at any of the dates in the metadata of a sideloaded book.

There was a bug in the initial firmware for the Clara where the date added was stored incorrectly in the database. This meant they were sorted first in the Recent and Date Added sorts. This firmware fixes that problem for new books added to the device. But, it doesn't fix it for books put on the device with the previous firmware. Either remove the problem books, or use my Kobo Utilities plugin to set the date.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:54 AM   #116
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That isn't what I saw with 4.9.11311, or for that matter, with any other firmware version. And, I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. There are two dates used for sorting. One is populated with the date when the book was first seen by the device, the other is set when you open the book and changed as you read it. I'm very sure that the device doesn't look at any of the dates in the metadata of a sideloaded book. There was a bug in the initial firmware for the Clara where the date added was stored incorrectly in the database. This meant they were sorted first in the Recent and Date Added sorts. This firmware fixes that problem for new books added to the device. But, it doesn't fix it for books put on the device with the previous firmware. Either remove the problem books, or use my Kobo Utilities plugin to set the date.
I just checked the parameters in your "update metadata in Device Library" and they are as they have been for months through successive F/Ws, up to and not including 4.9.11311:
* my model for the Synopsis is {date:|<p>Date ajout Calibre: |</p>}{#lu:|<p> |</p>}{tags:|<p>Tags: |</p>}{comments};
* and I select "date added" with "date" and not "modified" or "published".
My Synopsis data never before influenced the sorting order.
anacreon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #117
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:

EDIT: I also find that Clara's tactile screen is less responsive, and fairly often I have to put it to sleep and wake it up again. It is less obvious on the One.
I've noticed the less responsive screen on my Glo HD with 4.9.11311. Page turns often take 2 swipes, and it freezes up like you mentioned where I have to put it to sleep and wake it up again. Another problem I run into is using search. As you keep hitting the next button to move to the next found item, the delay begins to be so long you think the reader froze up. Also if there are 2 entries of the searched word on a page, it no longer stops at both. Instead it'll just do a very brief flash on the first one, then stop at the second one.

I would go back to an older firmware, but I think 4.9.11311 is the first firmware that has tabs for Books, Authors and Collections under My Books, I rather like that change. And search is no longer limited to the first 100 hits.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 09-01-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:40 AM   #118
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I just checked the parameters in your "update metadata in Device Library" and they are as they have been for months through successive F/Ws, up to and not including 4.9.11311:
* my model for the Synopsis is {date:|<p>Date ajout Calibre: |</p>}{#lu:|<p> |</p>}{tags:|<p>Tags: |</p>}{comments};
* and I select "date added" with "date" and not "modified" or "published".
My Synopsis data never before influenced the sorting order.
Sorry, based on this post, I have no idea what your original problem was. If you are running the metadata update with those options, then you are explicitly setting the date used in the "Date Added" sort to the date the book was added to calibre. The text in the synopsis is just text and is not used in the sort.

If you are using the "Recent" sort, then this a based on the last read date and the date added. Recent firmware uses whichever of these is the latest as the value in the sort.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #119
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post

I would go back to an older firmware, but I think 4.9.11311 is the first firmware that has tabs for Books, Authors and Collections under My Books, I rather like that change. And search is no longer limited to the first 100 hits.

4.8 had those tabs as well
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:52 PM   #120
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
4.8 had those tabs as well
Thank you, I think I'll try downgrading and see if the freeze ups and annoying double-swipes stop.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote