Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
jomaweb
Connoisseur
jomaweb is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
converting to MOBI from PDF deletes Pictures

Hi all

I'm converting some programming books to MOBI testing if this would be suitable for kindle reading but.....where are the pictures gone?

is there an option to avoid the screen captures includes in this kind of books to be deleted from the final MOBI output?

Or can anyone recommend me any tool to convert from PDF to MOBI in a fairly succesful way?

thanks a lot
jomaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
sureader
sureader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3g + Wifi)
have you try sending your pdf to your kindle email (with convert in the subject field) ? it convert nicely on mine
sureader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct forum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomaweb View Post
Or can anyone recommend me any tool to convert from PDF to MOBI in a fairly succesful way?
First read this sticky post about converting PDFs to other formats.

In my experience you are better off leaving any programing books in PDF format or buying it already formatted as a mobi book. I don't think you'll find a tool to do what you want because PDF is a print format and Mobi is a reflowable format designed to be viewed on various size screens with various font sizes.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote