Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
dwallbaum
Zealot
dwallbaum has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle2
Recent battery drain on K2

Gentlefolk;

Have used a K2 for about six months now, no issues. About 80 documents in the Kindle, a mimimal amount of memory being taken. The wireless is always off unless unless I am connecting to the service. No recent additions to prompt an indexing battery drain.

The last couple of weeks, I have noticed that with routine use (1 hr per day perhaps?) the battery is draining significantly faster than usual, or so the indicator says.

With the K2 fully-charged about four days ago, my power indicator is just above the half-way point.

The unit is not malfunctioning anyway, I have had no data loss that I am aware of. And, as noted, I have not added anything to the K2 during this period that I have been monitoring the power drops.

I have completely powered down the K2 and turned it back on, with no change. I have not reset the Kindle, mainly because I can't find the reset hole..or does this use some combination of PREV-NEXT-PowerSwitch-5WAY DEPRESS-Menu button combination that all must be pressed at the same time?

Thoughts?

Thx!

Don
dwallbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You can reset the K2 by holding the power switch to the right for 5-10 seconds and releasing it - then wait - the screen should blank out and then reboot. There is also a Menu option as well (on the settings Menu I think - don't have my K with me).

A factory reset should be done with the help of an Amazon CS - as I understand it you lose everything on the K2.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert