Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Linking question in Sigil

I have an e pub that has footnotes at the end of each chapter. I need to link the paragraph in the chapter to the footnote at the end of the chapter. I was ablwe to link by giving the paragraph an id

example

paragraph has id of
anchor1_chapt1

now once I'm in the footnote that matches I used "insert hyperlink" to link the paragraph id.

Works fine but I need to now have the paragraph be able to link to the footnote as well. So the links would work like this:

paragraph containing footnote, links to footnote

footnote links to paragraph containing footnote.

any help?

R
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Ok figured out how to do

create ids for both areas and link to each other.

But, is there has to be a way to delete link names as I will have a lot and do not want to keep the ones I do not use. Do I need to delted those and if so where are they listed as I do not see in the toc or the .opf.

??

RD
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
You'll need to venture into Code View for that. IDs and Links are not stored in a separate file - they are stored in your HTML page, but you can only really see that in Code View which shows you the code behind the look of your page.

Book View is ok for adding and modifying ids and links, but its not setup to delete them.

In Code View you will be looking for tags that contain id="...." for the IDs, and href="..." for the hyperlink references (links). If you delete any, remember that ids are also used for Table of Contents entries (and indexes if you have set one up).

You can use Find & Replace across All HTML files, and search for id=" and href="

The Insert ID and Insert Link buttons are just shortcuts to entering that text for you.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote