Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
cover size shrinks when converting/modifying epub

I am trying to replace the cover in an epub with a larger one. I downloaded a cover (1920x1400 jpg) from the publisher's website. Calibre reduced the size to 1053x1600 for display in its cover browser, which is fine. But when I updated the cover in the epub, whether by doing an epub-->epub conversion or by using the modify epub plugin, the cover actually stored in the epub gets reduced to 686x451.

I have a Kobo Glo which has screen resolution 1024x758, so I would like the cover to be about this size. How can I tell Calibre that?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Do you have an output profile selected on the "Page Setup" page of the conversion options? If so, change it to "Tablet". That will prevent any resizing of images.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks David, I had the output profile set to Kobo Reader, so I've changed it to Tablet. I also set the maximum_cover_size tweak to 768x1024, so hopefully now covers larger than this will be reduced but the smaller ones will be left alone.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote