Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #451
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@loximuthal - are your false hits with the very latest version on this thread of 1.8.3? That had a fix specifically for issues to do with casing and this issue. If you are still having it, PM me or email me a link to an epub I can test on that is giving you incorrect results.

Don't believe the casing on the right-hand side of that log message btw. That is after I have already converted the whole content of the html page to lowercase for comparison purposes. So at the time I print that log message I don't have what the "actual" case of the link is, only the lowercase version of it if that makes sense.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #452
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@JayLaFunk - yeah I understand - you are effectively going direct to the library folders, and not using calibre's export capabilities so hence the logic to replace the cover is not getting an opportunity to run.

Incidentally I noticed that when I ran the Update Metadata feature of Modify ePub that it *did not* replace the cover with an SVG one so that is something to take a look at too. As once you have a QC check to tell you which books need SVG covers you will want an easy way to add them.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #453
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Incidentally I noticed that when I ran the Update Metadata feature of Modify ePub that it *did not* replace the cover with an SVG one so that is something to take a look at too.
Are you saying you don't use Kovid's svg default wrap around the jpg when adding covers? JSWolf will be so happy.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #454
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
@kiwidude - I am indeed running the latest plugin. I was getting the same results before I updated the plugin as well. I think I understand what you mean about the casing in the log file, but now I am even more perplexed.

I'm at work at the moment and have no access to my calibre. I'll drop you a line later today so you can follow up. Thanks.
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #455
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Quote:
@JayLaFunk - As once you have a QC check to tell you which books need SVG covers you will want an easy way to add them.
Yes Please
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #456
kiwidude

Attn: Mac OS and Linux users

loximuthal is reporting an issue with the "Check broken image links" which I am unable to replicate. There are only two explanations I can think of. The first is that there is some sort of OS specific issue to do with paths.

Can one user who has a Mac and one with a Linux box please do the following:

(1) Install the attached special debug version of Quality Check
(2) Put the attached test epub in your library
(3) Set your search scope to "Selection" (or set a search restriction) so you are only checking this book
(4) Run the "Check broken image links" feaure on this book
(5) Post the results of the log in a spoiler.

My test book has two image links in it, one valid and one invalid. So it should report it as invalid (regardless of OS), but it is the log output I am specifically interested in at this point.

Thanks.

Last edited by kiwidude; 06-29-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Testing is over...
Old 05-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #457
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Linux; Calibre 0.8.51
Spoiler:

Code:
Test / kiwidude 
Resource: cover.jpeg with extension: .jpeg 
	Storing image for lookup as: cover.jpeg 
Resource: OEBPS/Text/book_content.html with extension: .html 
Resource: page_styles.css with extension: .css 
Resource: stylesheet.css with extension: .css 
Resource: titlepage.xhtml with extension: .xhtml 
Resource: toc.ncx with extension: .ncx 
Image map: {u'cover.jpeg': u'cover.jpeg'} 
Searching: OEBPS/Text/book_content.html 
	Image link found: ../images/nonexistent.jpeg - in - OEBPS/Text/book_content.html 
	  Relative path: oebps/images/nonexistent.jpeg 
	  Normalised name: oebps/images/nonexistent.jpeg 
	Broken image link in: OEBPS/Text/book_content.html  of  ../images/nonexistent.jpeg 
Searching: titlepage.xhtml 
	Image link found: cover.jpeg - in - titlepage.xhtml 
	  Relative path: cover.jpeg 
	  Normalised name: cover.jpeg

Last edited by PeterT; 05-19-2012 at 07:50 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #458
kiwidude

Thx Peter - that is exactly as I would expect, all fine. Now we just need a Mac user...
Old 05-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #459
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mac OSX: Calibre 0.8.52

Spoiler:
Test / kiwidude
Resource: cover.jpeg with extension: .jpeg
Storing image for lookup as: cover.jpeg
Resource: OEBPS/Text/book_content.html with extension: .html
Resource: page_styles.css with extension: .css
Resource: stylesheet.css with extension: .css
Resource: titlepage.xhtml with extension: .xhtml
Resource: toc.ncx with extension: .ncx
Image map: {u'cover.jpeg': u'cover.jpeg'}
Searching: OEBPS/Text/book_content.html
Image link found: ../images/nonexistent.jpeg - in - OEBPS/Text/book_content.html
Relative path: oebps/images/nonexistent.jpeg
Normalised name: oebps/images/nonexistent.jpeg
Broken image link in: OEBPS/Text/book_content.html of ../images/nonexistent.jpeg
Searching: titlepage.xhtml
Image link found: cover.jpeg - in - titlepage.xhtml
Relative path: cover.jpeg
Normalised name: cover.jpeg

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #460
kiwidude

Thanks Griker. That's exactly as I would expect too. Incidentally as a Mac user, have you had any concerns from using this check against your library of noticing books appearing on the list with links that are actually fine?

I mentioned in my post above that there were two possible reasons. The second reason being that loximuthal has done something funky . For instance the epub PM'd to me is *not* the same as the epub in the log he also sent to me - it is missing a whole load of content pages that are shown in the log. Why would that be - I suspect (guessing) loximuthal stripped a whole lot of content out of the ePub before sending to me out of copyright concerns or something (probably using Sigil) and that in itself would mean stuff got rewritten into the ePub/manifest changing it.

So... unless GRiker or anyone else reports there is definitely a problem - loximuthal the ball is back in your court. Does the output you get using the debug version above match the same as GRiker? And can you send me a link to an *untouched* version of one of those epubs that show in your log?

Last edited by kiwidude; 05-19-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Correct user name to loximuthal
Old 05-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #461
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks Griker. That's exactly as I would expect too. Incidentally as a Mac user, have you had any concerns from using this check against your library of noticing books appearing on the list with links that are actually fine?

I mentioned in my post above that there were two possible reasons. The second reason being that JayLaFunk has done something funky . For instance the epub PM'd to me is *not* the same as the epub in the log he also sent to me - it is missing a whole load of content pages that are shown in the log. Why would that be - I suspect (guessing) JayLaFunk stripped a whole lot of content out of the ePub before sending to me out of copyright concerns or something (probably using Sigil) and that in itself would mean stuff got rewritten into the ePub/manifest changing it.

So... unless GRiker or anyone else reports there is definitely a problem - JayLaFunk the ball is back in your court. Does the output you get using the debug version above match the same as GRiker? And can you send me a link to an *untouched* version of one of those epubs that show in your log?
I'm confused here as I have not sent a epub to you
Old 05-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #462
kiwidude

My sincere apologies JayLaFunk - I should have said "loximuthal" rather than your name... sorry for the confusion. My brain overflowed with two threads...
Old 05-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #463
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
My sincere apologies JayLaFunk - I should have said "loximuthal" rather than your name... sorry for the confusion. My brain overflowed with two threads...
No Probs , was thinking I had a bit too much of that 12 year old malt last night
Old 05-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #464
kiwidude

I wish I could blame alcohol - sadly I think it is a combination of senility and juggling way too many things at once. All the while rushing to get them "done" so my whole weekend doesn't disappear yet again like they all have lately...
Old 05-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #465
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I haven't been using the plugin actively - I just saw the request to test with the two files, and jumped in. If there are particular test you'd like me to run, detail them to me and I will do so.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote