Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Does the latest version work for you?
Yes 92 89.32%
No 11 10.68%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #46
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
First beta release on first thread. For all Kindles. I haven't gotten a chance to test yet because the process is so long. I'm going to test on the K2 US & K3 US and report back.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #47
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
Hi Yafanlu,

I copy 'update_k2i-2.5.8-prepare_kindle.bin' to the root folder of my Kindle 2, but 'Update Your Kindle' still disable? Do you have any suggestion?

Kindle 2 Global (B003) Kindle 2.5.8 (555370010). I using NiLuJe Font Hack 4.4 and SS 0.20.
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #48
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Yafanlu,

I copy 'update_k2i-2.5.8-prepare_kindle.bin' to the root folder of my Kindle 2, but 'Update Your Kindle' still disable? Do you have any suggestion?

Kindle 2 Global (B003) Kindle 2.5.8 (555370010). I using NiLuJe Font Hack 4.4 and SS 0.20 and Duokan firmware.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #49
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkasit View Post
Hi Yafanlu,

Kindle 2 Global (B003) Kindle 2.5.8 (555370010). I using NiLuJe Font Hack 4.4 and SS 0.20.
Yea, don't use it yet. I've fixed tons of bugs and will release an update in a few hours.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #50
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector

Ok, released the first "stable" packages. This worked for me without any tweaking. Test it and post your results. This first beta ONLY supports Kindle 2.5.8 -> 3.1.

There is currently a weird bug, for some reason, the host sometimes crashes on "saving tts files," if your update creation process ends early with a successful message and the log stops at "saving tts files," you have this bug. To get past it, do a hard reset (hold sleep for 30 seconds), copy rootfs.img from the client again (you cannot reuse the image if the update process exits), and try again. I'll try to find the cause of this problem, but it seems to occur if you run the script more then once before rebooting.

Last edited by yifanlu; 04-17-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #51
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Do you know if the "official" 3.1 update from Amazon is an incremental
update, or it contains "everything"? If it does, then it can be, probably,
used as a source in your procedure. This approach will eliminate the need
of a donor 3.1 device. At the same time, downloading the 3.1 update from Amazon is 100% legal.
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #52
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
Do you know if the "official" 3.1 update from Amazon is an incremental
update, or it contains "everything"? If it does, then it can be, probably,
used as a source in your procedure. This approach will eliminate the need
of a donor 3.1 device. At the same time, downloading the 3.1 update from Amazon is 100% legal.
Nope, it's just a bundle of patches. Amazon has the ability to release a "full" update, which is a recovery package, which is what I'm generating. Basically, IF amazon were to release a 3.1 update for the K2/DX, it would look exactly like I packages my script generates.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if someone takes my script and generate pre-made packages. However, that would be illegal.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #53
azuwis
azuwis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Download kindle-updater-beta2.zip and find there is no update_dxg-2.5.8-prepare_kindle.bin, is it missing or just not supported?
azuwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #54
azuwis
azuwis began at the beginning.

packages.lst in kindle-updater-beta2-src.zip has no EOF or new line, this lead to the missing update_dxg-2.5.8-prepare_kindle.bin
azuwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:51 AM   #55
xvc517
xvc517 began at the beginning.

yifanlu big thank YOU !

but kindle updater has no DXG version inside...

I have DXG and I'd like to betatest.

If anybody can share 3.1 soft - please PM me - i have problem with access to Kindle 3...
xvc517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #56
tekkasit
Groupie

Yifanlu, I got U007 code, when I running update_k3-3.1-create_updater.bin (with my rootfs.img).

My host is K3 (B006), jailbroken with NiLuJe's JailBreak 0.6.

Do you have any suggestion/recommendation?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #57
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkasit View Post
Yifanlu, I got U007 code, when I running update_k3-3.1-create_updater.bin (with my rootfs.img).

My host is K3 (B006), jailbroken with NiLuJe's JailBreak 0.6.

Do you have any suggestion/recommendation?
If you use his jailbreak, you need to whitelist this package. If you don't know how to do that, you can always ask him or uninstall and install my jailbreak.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #58
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@tekkasit: The latest packages have an updated whitelist that *should* support this, check the latest posts (basically, just replace your linkjail/etc/whitelist file with the one from the latest zip).

@yifanlu: Not really sure what to do about the 3.1 on a K2 stuff, though. Does it install the default 3.1 otaup script (and thus needs to be jailbroken more or less like a proper 3.x device), or a more friendly patched version, or does it automatically install a 3.1 aware jailbreak? ;p

I'm assuming it'll end up only accepting update packages targeted at the host model, not the target (ie. you'd have to use packages targeted at a k3g on your k2i target if you used a k3g as host), or am I wrong?

(If I'm not making much sense, that's probably because I've been up reading all night, and it's now 7AM here, sorry ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-20-2011 at 01:03 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #59
tekkasit
Groupie

No NiLuJe, it doesn't work. Even I download your latest.

But after I removed your jailbreak, and use yifanlu's jailbreak instead. It's working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@tekkasit: The latest packages have an updated whitelist that *should* support this, check the latest posts (basically, just replace your linkjail/etc/whitelist file with the one from the latest zip).
Old 04-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #60
tekkasit
Groupie

Yifanlu, I didn't see any bin in the /output folder in my K3?

I found only 2 files, 48.4 Mbyte corrupted tts-files.tar and
make-package.log.

Wed Apr 20 19:31:18 SGT 2011: checking for enough free space to continue
Wed Apr 20 19:31:18 SGT 2011: mounting rootfs image to /tmp/.rootfs.17613
Wed Apr 20 19:31:18 SGT 2011: retrieving filelist and patches
Wed Apr 20 19:31:18 SGT 2011: saving required files to /tmp/.save-root.17613.tar
Wed Apr 20 19:31:18 SGT 2011: removing old files from rootfs image
Wed Apr 20 19:31:24 SGT 2011: copying new files to rootfs image
Wed Apr 20 19:38:57 SGT 2011: saving tts files

Any suggestion?

Last edited by tekkasit; 04-20-2011 at 09:47 AM.