Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
Red face Error when trying to connect to server

Hi, I've using Calibre to transfer books to my Ipod Touch for the past couple of weeks and the process has been easy and flawless. Until this morning when I tried to connect to the Calibre server from Stanza and got a message saying that that the "Catalog is Empty". So I tested the server on Calibre and when the web page opened up, an error message popped up saying that:

"The page at http://127.0.0.1:8005 says:
Error: error
Undefined"

The Calibre header is on the webpage, as is all the category headings (Title, Author, ect.), but there are no books listed.

I'm pretty much a luddite when it comes to this stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on a Mac OS X 10.5.6 and using Calibre 0.5.8.

I don't know if this will be helpful, but this is what keeps being repeated in the Error log:
Quote:
[21/Apr/2009:13:18:07] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy/_cprequest.pyo", line 606, in respond
File "cherrypy/_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
File "calibre/library/server.pyo", line 36, in do
File "calibre/library/server.pyo", line 340, in library
TypeError: 'str' object is not callable
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is caused by a bug in calibre which will be fixed in the next release. It happens when you have a blank author field for a book in your library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This is caused by a bug in calibre which will be fixed in the next release. It happens when you have a blank author field for a book in your library.
Thank you so much! I feel a bit silly now, I had accidentally deleted an author without realizing it. It works fine now.

Thanks for your help and for Calibre.
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No need to feel silly, it was a bug in calibre, and I wish all calibre users gave as clear and concise bug reports as you, would make my job a lot easier
Old 07-24-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
muppetgeoff
muppetgeoff began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,

Reviving an old thread, as this still occurs on 0.6.0b17.

With one or more 'blank' Authors, I get the following error form the content manager server:

Quote:
[24/Jul/2009:15:21:15] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy/_cprequest.pyo", line 606, in respond
File "cherrypy/_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
File "calibre/library/server.pyo", line 41, in do
File "calibre/library/server.pyo", line 355, in library
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute '_'
Kind regards,

Geoff
muppetgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Will be fixed in 0.6.0