Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #1
Cat_Turbo
Cat_Turbo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1;Onyx Boox M96 Plus (broken)
Screen replacement of Onyx Boox M96 Plus

Hello together

I know this is a very delicate question. There are a lot of people who will now say something like: “ship it to Boxtor or to another store and let them do the repair for you." And they were right if I still would need the device. But I broke the screen about a half year ago and until now the device was in a drawer. In fact, I've even considered to let it repair in Boxtors shop (the place where I bought it, very good service ), but in my opinion the repair was, especially with the shipping costs and the costumes (I live in a country where shipping to other countries is very expensive) too pricy.
So now I've got the time and the motivation, so I would like to do the repair myself.
I know that I can't only replace the screen, I need to adjust the residual charge compensation voltage VCON if the voltage of the new screen isn't the same of my screen. Now my question: How do I can change this voltage.
Is it possible to do this with sort of a test mode app (for example used in a Sony PRS T1, explained in its service manual, page 11)? Or do I have to flash a chip like it is described in this topic for the M92?
Would it be possible to do it with the recovery update, like for the M92, too? And where can I download the update for an M96 Plus?

Thank you very much for a response.
Best regards and have a nice Sunday
Cat_Turbo
Cat_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:07 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I don't like costumes, either. ---- And customs even less.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #3
Cat_Turbo
Cat_Turbo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1;Onyx Boox M96 Plus (broken)
It's me again.
I'm not very sure if my method will work, but here my idea :
  1. replace screen
  2. flash a M96 firmware file with mfgtool2 and fastboot (described here)
  3. set VCOM in the rom with the voltage adjustment tool, like described in this topic (Boxtor explains how to set VCOM for a M92)
  4. et voilà, fini!

So, now my question. Do you think that this procedure will work? Or is there a mistake in my theory? Can I take the "M96PLUS Rollback to Android 4.0.4 2015-11-10" from this website as recovery update file? Does it contain the VCOM voltage adjustment tool?
Cat_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m96, screen