Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-15-2015, 10:46 AM   #151
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yes, you can uncheck (hide) any column in Preferences ==> Look and feel ==> Book Details (tab)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #152
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
That only hides them in the right side of Calibre. I'm talking about the one you get when you press I on the keyboard. See attached image:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2015-05-15 16.47.39.png
Views:	380
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	138330  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2015, 01:05 PM   #153
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version Posted

I've uploaded a new test version:
  • Set Busy/Wait mouse cursor and emit status message while doing Fetch from Email or Fetch from Web Page.
  • Normalize story URLs with Fetch from Email to include only one per story (mostly AO3 emails).
  • Add optional feature to auto-reject URLs from Fetch from Email when on Reject URLs List.
  • Fixes for Save Metadata and Include Calibre Column Data features.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #154
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And there's more of the complexity: figuring out about related calibre features.

I don't know if there's any way to control what appears in the Calibre Book Details dialog--I don't use it. Looking at the calibre code, it doesn't look like there is.

So you can either:
  • Live with it.
  • Not use this new feature.
  • Convince me to change how this feature is implemented. For a third time.
  • Convince Kovid (and/or other developer) to change how the book details dialog works.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #155
chrnno
Enthusiast
chrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with others

Device: Samsung Galaxy J2
Well from me I didn't even know that calibre feature existed so no problems here with it showing up.

As for the saved metadata it is certainly very useful, not so much right now that I have mostly put the metadata to write somewhere but still can be used and back when I started using it would have saved me a lot of trouble from having to spend weeks going through all stories in small chunks because I hadn't created columns for certain metadata and now wanted them.
chrnno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #156
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
That only hides them in the right side of Calibre. I'm talking about the one you get when you press I on the keyboard. See attached image:
Well, I am afraid calibre doesn't allow you to customize that one.

However, it does respect the order that you list things in the book details panel, which means you can move it to the bottom at least.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:42 PM   #157
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello once again!

I have a question about replacing metadata (again).

For example, I have the tag "Jotun Loki" - and I change this by putting:

Code:
replace_metadata:
 character=>Jotun Loki=>Jötun!Loki
There are many tags in stories from AO3, many of them are not in the "character"-category, I suppose. Like "domestic fluff", "charcter death", "team as a family",... And I don't know what to write in front of that tags in the personal.ini to get them changed. (I cannot express myself, sorry.)

How do I know which category a tag belongs to?

Thank you for your help!
Suzana
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:56 PM   #158
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
There are many tags in stories from AO3, many of them are not in the "character"-category, I suppose. Like "domestic fluff", "charcter death", "team as a family",... And I don't know what to write in front of that tags in the personal.ini to get them changed. (I cannot express myself, sorry.)

How do I know which category a tag belongs to?
If you look on the story page on AO3, there are labels on the different groups of tags. See attached.

FanFicFare metadata entries don't quite map perfectly to AO3's labels, though. What AO3 labels "Fandom" is put in both fandoms and category in FFF. "Additional Tags" -> freeformtags and genre.
"Relationships" -> ships.

By default (using the include_subject_tags ini parameter), extratags, genre, category, characters, ships, status are all included in calibre's Tags column.

If that's not clear enough, please give specific examples of stories and which metadata you're trying to figure out.

FYI, in addition to replace_metadata, there are also include/exclude features. For example, I use:
Code:
exclude_metadata_pre:
 freeformtags,genre==Other Additional Tags to Be Added
 warnings==Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
 warnings==No Archive Warnings Apply
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	362
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	138370  
Old 05-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #159
firefoxxy
Zealot

Hello Jim!

Thank you very much for your quick rreply!

I have another question now: Do I have to put the change for both in the personal.ini?
Code:
replace_metadata:
 category=>.*Avengers.*=>The Avengers
 fandom=>.*Avengers.*=>The Avengers
Or let's take this story:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/219...apters/4803567
I want "Memory Loss", "Tony has issues", and "Jotun!Loki" to be changed.

So I am going to add into the personal.ini
Code:
replace_metadata:
 freeformtags=>memory loss=>amnesia
 genre=>.*has issues=>Drama
 freeformtags=>Jotun!Loki=>Jötunn!Loki
Is that right?

I'll just experiment, but I wouldn't want to blow up my ini-file...
Old 05-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #160
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
So I am going to add into the personal.ini
Code:
replace_metadata:
 freeformtags=>memory loss=>amnesia
 genre=>.*has issues=>Drama
 freeformtags=>Jotun!Loki=>Jötunn!Loki
Is that right?

I'll just experiment, but I wouldn't want to blow up my ini-file...
Trying it out and experimenting is how I do it. But you consider using a separate test library.

You might also consider adding ^ and $ so that it only matches those strings, eg:
Code:
replace_metadata:
 freeformtags=>^memory loss$=>amnesia
 genre=>^.*has issues$=>Drama
Otherwise, a tag Bob has issues with authority could become Drama with authority

All of this is only needed because AO3 lets anybody assign any tag they want.

I've been debating adding a feature to look up (and cache) AO3's tag hierarchy, since they've started equating random tags with more general ones (see Humor for example). But it would be quite a database.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:28 AM   #161
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
If you're talking votes regarding the project, I'll vote yes, and help if I can?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:51 AM   #162
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I've been debating adding a feature to look up (and cache) AO3's tag hierarchy, since they've started equating random tags with more general ones (see Humor for example). But it would be quite a database.
AO3 self has a project called "Tag Wrangling" (see http://archiveofourown.org/admin_pos...d=en&commit=Go) with Wrangling Guidelines.
Maybe that´s a help?
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:10 AM   #163
firefoxxy
Zealot

Hello and thanks again, Jim!

I appreciate your help very much. I think with the links to the wiki-pages you provided and some testing I will get the most commonly used tags under control.

I tested a bit, and I have this problem: When I add something like this:
Code:
replace_metadata:
 freeformtags=>^Protective Thor$=>Thor&&freeformtags=>Protectiveness
it does not work. And unlike with "genre", "Warnings", "ships" or similar, the term "freeformtags" does not turn green. Could you give me any suggestions?

Edit:
I changed it to
Code:
replace_metadata:
 genre=>Protective Thor=>Thor&&genre=>Protectiveness
which did not work, but
Code:
replace_metadata:
 genre=>Protective Thor=>Protectiveness
did it.

I still do not understand why "freeformtags" does not seem to be accepted.

Last edited by firefoxxy; 05-17-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:02 AM   #164
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Site Support requests - X-files related sites noted

These are highest level addresses. If you need specific examples of further paths, let me know.

The Gossamer Project: The X-files FanFiction Archive
(the following sites are mirrors - the first is the initial request with the others provided if needed or possible).
All are ACTIVE.
http://fluky.gossamer.org/
http://tooms.gossamer.org/
http://krycek.gossamer.org/

ftp://ftp.gossamer.org/stories/ (this one seems to be the main storage of the above and does not contain the navigation links within the other pages.

Ephemeral - The X-files Fanfic AutoArchive ACTIVE
http://ephemeralfic.org/

Am I requesting this correctly? It's my first attempt.
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #165
mehetabelo
e-Bibliophile
mehetabelo began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 1-3, Kobo AuraHD, Boox Afterglow2
So, I'm getting an error since I updated to the last version of the plugin, the beta posted 5/15. I've got calibre updated to latest version, and restarted multiple times, as well as restarting my computer just for good measure.
I may have updated calibre to latest version before I started getting this error, I'm not really sure if there were problems before. The first time I noticed it I brushed it off because I was doing some conversion in the database, and I just manually updated the fics I wanted instead of trying to restart to see if that fixed the problem.

Whenever I try and get urls from an email I get the following:
calibre, version 2.28.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'set' and 'list'
calibre 2.28 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 451, in get_urls_from_imap_menu
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'set' and 'list'

I can give you the plugin list if you need it, but I have a lot of them and the post will already be cluttered.
mehetabelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction