Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
Jupiter8
Jupiter8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question From Amazon to Kobo

How do you add the Kindle books to your computer from the Amazon store? I wanted to convert a book using Calibre to add it to my Kobo, but realized I'd first have to download it from the store to get access to the files.

I don't have a Kindle device, but apparently you need one if you wish to get the files from the Amazon store. How do you work around this?
Jupiter8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:09 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kindle for PC
Note: search here at MR for the discussion on how to configure it so it DOES NOT download KFX format (not convertible)

My K4 battery is going and I have ordered a Arura from Walmart. (due tomorrow), so I have part of your issue (I already have K4PC)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
Jupiter8
Jupiter8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Okay wow, seems way more advanced than what I have skills for (AKA I read it and have no idea what I'm supposed to do). Just a regular Macbook user here Thanks anyway.

Also, if I open the app on my Mac, it just lets me read the book that's it. I didn't see any options for downloads.
Jupiter8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter8 View Post
Okay wow, seems way more advanced than what I have skills for (AKA I read it and have no idea what I'm supposed to do). Just a regular Macbook user here Thanks anyway.

Also, if I open the app on my Mac, it just lets me read the book that's it. I didn't see any options for downloads.
Thats because it already did it.
there is probably a folder call My Kindle Content Search your MAC for AZW3 files. the Amazon ones will have wierd filnames (like: B0719SDRPQ_EBOK )
If you have Alf's tools, calibre wont have problems with the basic metadata
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
The KFX plugin works great.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote